cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel to an Internal Table thru ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently are reading an Excel file into an internal table (via SAPGUI) using FM ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE.

However, we need to be able to do this thru ITS (we are on version 6.20) which doesn't support OLE if I understand correctly. I've seen someone suggest "ITS_UPLOAD" as an alternative:

()

but the very next post said not to use it (he said to try CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES).

Does anyone have an ideas or can point me to the correct thread/SAP Note?

Regards,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use any one of the following

FM == ITS_UPLOAD

FM == GUI_UPLOAD

Method == CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>GUI_UPLOAD

If you look at the code of gui_upload or CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>GUI_UPLOAD you can see it check whether its been called thru ITS and if its yes, then it used ITS_UPLOAD.

But the best approach is to use CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>GUI_UPLOAD, reason being, that even if SAP changes any code inside, they would try to keep the interface parameters intact. so you dont need to modify your code.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Durairaj. When using the method GUI_UPLOAD we encountered garbase characters with the excel file. When we changed it to a tab-delimited file, it worked fine. Due to circumstances, it would be best to be able to upload the Excel file instead of having to convert to tab-delimited. Any thoughts?

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

csv or tab delimited is the best one. but if you still want pure excel, you can try the BIN mode thiw will upload the data in BINARY format and within your abap you have to convert it to ascii.

Regards

Raja

carlos_hidalgo
Explorer
0 Kudos

How can i convert the binary excel table ?