Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sd contract settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

in the contract document i want to use periodic billing plan

i want to know what settings i should keep so that the billing date is exactly

one month later from the starting date of the contract.

please guide me in img settings as well.I will Award points for valuable support.

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

R.Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In Periodic Billing generally the Billing pattern is like e.g On the 1st day of every month or 10th of every month etc.

What you require is Billing date on Start Date + 1 month. This comes under the Milestone Billing.

To configure this you follow the below steps in customizing :

1. [OVBS] Define Rule for Date Determination --> specify Baseline date as "02 Contract Start date" and Time period = 1 and Time unit = 3 (month).

2. [OVBO] Define Billing Plan Types - define your own Billing Plan type for Milestone Billing.

3.[OVBJ] Define And Assign Date Categories

4. [OVBP] Assign Billing Plan Types To Sales Document Types

5. [OVBR] Assign Billing Plan Types To Item Categories

By doing the above customization , the system will be able to propose automatically, by default, the Billing Plan type in the Contract Document.

Now when you create your Contract using VA41 the system proposes a Billing date of contract start date + 1 month. Save the Contract.

Create Billing VF01 - system will by default propose billing date as Contract start date + 1 month.

Hope this resolves your requirement.

Please reward suitable points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thankyou for your reply.However i have the following doubts in your suggestions.

1)I want to know that milestone billing can be used for repetetive kind of work.

2) I understand that milestone billing will happen for the milestones accomplished

in a project.

3) My scenario needs a monthly billing for a repetetive tasks.

please reply to these quiries and i assure you the reward points.

Thanking you,

Best regards,

R.Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>1)I want to know that milestone billing can be used for repetetive kind of work.</u>

<b>No, Milestone is not used for Repetitive Billing</b>

<u>2) I understand that milestone billing will happen for the milestones accomplished in a project.</u>

Milestone Billing is used to bill stage-wise. The stages of the project are called as milestones. You can define Milestone Billing like in construction of Building

Construction Initiation - 10%

Lintel level construction - 30%

Roof RCC level - 30%

Plastering and Painting - 20%

Final Handover - 10%

Here you have defined the percentage of the sales order value, which is to be billed after completion of each stage.

<u>3) My scenario needs a monthly billing for a repetetive tasks</u>.

For Repetitive Billing you use Periodic Billing. Here the same amount is billed at regular interval of time. The Billing date can be specified as "any day of the month". But it cannot be specified as " One month from the Start of Contract". Because that would mean a particular Date, and not a Regular Time Interval.

So please specify your requirement correctly, so that a proper solution can be given.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thankyou for your response.I have a scenario where contracts are signed on day to day basis and hence monthly billing depending upon the day rthe contract is signed and not otherwise.

your option any day of the month is not there in the list given options.Should i make one and assign?

please give me your valuable suggestions.

Thanking you,

Best regards,

R.Srinivasan

Answers (0)