cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Communication Channel Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done a File to File scenario using Communication Channel Templates in IR. I realize that the communication channel templates are useful to create Sender agreement, receiver agreement, Interface Determination and Receiver Determination automatically. But I would like to use the communication channel templates in ID without again creating new communication channels. Is there a method to import the templates developed in IR to ID. If not, is the application of Template limited to creation of SA, RA, ID and RD?? Please Help.

Regards,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur realization is wrong, c.ch are not useful to create config. senario. but integration senario is useful for creating configuration scenario(sa,ra,id,rd).

u can import cc from IR AS CLICK COMUCATION CHANNEL MENU AND CLICK IMPORT TEMPLATE. SELECT CC.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you have an Integration Scenario in IR and want to create a Configuration Scenario from it in ID, you have to run the Integration Scenario Configurator. It goes like this:

1. select the component view of your Integration Scenario that you'll implement;

2. associate each application component in the Integration Scenario to a actual service (Business System, Business Service or Integration Process, with or without Party);

3. configure the connections: here the references for Sender/Receiver Agreements and Receiver/Interface Determinations are created; I'll discuss this further;

4. simulate/generate the objects;

In step 3, for each connection, you do the following steps:

i. the outbound and inbound interfaces will be automatically determined from the interfaces defined in the actions of the Integration Scenario;

ii. if there is a mapping set for this connection in the Integration Scenario, it'll be referenced here (and will be automatically included in the Interface Determination);

iii. for each component in the connection that demands a communication channel, you'll have to define one. Either you click on the button "create channel from template" (if you do have one), or you select a existing channel that meets your criteria, or you create one from scratch.

When you're configuring an Integration Scenario, if you have already created a channel for that Service (in the same or in a previous configurator running) and you want to reuse that channel, all you have to do is to select that channel from the list of existing ones.

Regards,

Henrique.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I have done a File to File scenario using Communication Channel Templates in IR. I realize that the communication channel templates are useful to create Sender agreement, receiver agreement, Interface Determination and Receiver Determination automatically.</i>

>>>

there is a correction. Communication channel templates can be used to create a Comm. channel in ID automatically and nothing else

it is a part of designing integration scenario. an integration scenario when imported into ID will automatically create all ID components like SA, RA, RD, ID etc.

Ref:

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2006/02/17/companion-guide-to-integration-scenario

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/27/modeling-integration-scenario146s-in-xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your quick reply.

What is the impact of the CC template when we have 100 to 200 filed in our structure.

i realize that this is for reuseability purpose.

Need confirmation regarding this.

regards,

Ajay

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, its more of a re usability purpose that can be stated here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks vijayakumar,

is there any ralation between the no.of fields in structure to CC template.

if we have more fields like 100 to 200, genarally what kind of mapping either graphical or java mapping.

please confirm me.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we cannot judge the mapping based on the number of fields, but its is decided to use graphical, java or xslt mapping on the basis of the mapping logic involved and the complexity of the structure (in terms of hierarchy) ....

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Communication channel template are Not used for creating ID objects automatically.

See this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bd/6af766076e384ebdce621d25161184/content.htm

Regards,

Prateek