cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a patch with enhancements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to create a patch of latest enhancements and deploy that patch in the webconsole. So, I want to know the process or steps of creating a patch .

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a install.xml file as mentioned in the following link. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/250e67b6140b25e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

While creating <b>install.xml</b> file for the patch, i have a query about while giving the information into the tag PREREQ->APPLICATION-><b>name and version</b> of the install.xml . It is specified that application name and version can be gathered from <b>Mobile Component Descriptor</b>. But iam not able to find that file. So, can anybody tell me what would be the possible extension of this file in general and where can i find this file .

Thanks in advance,

Ravi

Message was edited by:

ravi shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

You dont require the Mobile Component Descriptor file. What this tag says is that Application name and version would be the name of the MCD and the version you would have entered at the time of uploading the file in the web console. This information is also available in the INFO page within the Client Home page. Example for this tag is given below

<pre><code>
 <APPLICATION name="MobileEngine_JSP" version="2514" prefixmatch="true" comparator="greater_equal" /> 
</code></pre>

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Answers (0)