cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service desk message flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I need help on the flow of service desk in solman 4.0.I have configured the service desk and iam able to send messge from satellite systems to solman.Anybody please tell me after recieving the support message how the message should be processed and what is the flow or how one cycle for a message process should be completed??.its urgent anybody please help me out..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju,

Once the service desk message is raised, you can see that message using CRM_DNO_MONITOR transaction in Solution Manager system.

Click on the link of the message, it will take you to the message. There the status of the message will be "new", "message created by" field will be filled and the "message processor" field need to be selected.

These messages are to be selected either by "Processors" themselves for processing, or there can be a co-ordinator who will assign the messages to appropriate processors.

These processors will change the status to "In process" and will work on the issue.

Once it is resolved, the status can be changed appropriately like "proposed solution".

The creator of the message has to check whether the solution is upto his satisfaction and has to close the message or reopen it.

You can see this flow in the Service Desk iTutors by following the below link.

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000633637&;

Under "Technical Roles", go to "Customer's Support Organization".

There in the "Service Desk" area you can find all information relating to your requirement.

Dont forget to reward points for useful answers.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alagammai,

thanks for the reply i have one more concern can u tell me after recieving message in support desk if i want to forward it to SAP what all steps i have to do if i want to configure forwarding message to SAP.it urgent please help me.

Sanju

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alreadty there is an action available. In CRM_DNO_MONITOR You have to Click on the actions button and say "Send to SAP". Before that your SAP-OSS RFC should work fine.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

thanks for ur quick reply.Iam facing another problem when i clicked "send to SAP" it got into error.when i took the log i see error "SAP component 'BC' cannot be selected" . but i can see the component "BC" in SAP Attributes.

Sanju

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your message is created under BC Component. You should select a sub component of BC.

Hope this solves your problem.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

i have entered the application component now iam getting a pop window saying :

You have not made all required entries in the notification

Message no. DNO154

Diagnosis

The data required for the notification to be sent to SAP has not been maintained. At least one of the following entries is missing:

SAP System type

Release

Notification short text

Component

Notification text (Information for SAP)

Procedure

Check that you have entered all of the above and then save the notification again.

Sanju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju,

From crm_dno_monitor screen, select a message and see whether in the "Transaction Data --> SAP Attributes" tab and in the main screen "FAST ENTRY" all the below mentioned data as specified in the error message is there.

If anything is absent, then you cannot fwd the msg to SAP.

Hope it helps. Dont forget to reward points for useful answers.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi alagammai,

1) after recieving mail notification to support team how the support team convey the solution to message creator?

2) how the message creator come to know that his problem is solved and if solved who and how will the message be closed?

3) how will the message creator in the satellite machine know the details and number of the messages send by him/her ?

I have a doubt that if the keyuser want to see the message status in solution manager they have to login in solutionmanager right ?so for this all the keyuser's do they need userID created in solution manager? what will be the role assigned to them?please reply as iam doing the helpdesk configuration.

Best Regards,

Sanju

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 & 2. The support team changes the status of the message from In Process to "Solution Proposed". You need to define action to send a mail notification to creator when the status is changed to "Solution Proposed". You can modify the form CRM_SLFN_ORDER_SERVICE_01 for support team details and solution.

3.The key user has to login to solution manager to know the number of messages created by him/her. Or even you can go ahead to do one more addition to the above mentioned form - no. of messages created by the user.

hope this solves your problem.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

First of all i want to thank you for ur fast reply,i have some more queries

1) where can i find the form CRM_SLFN_ORDER_SERVICE_01?

how can i edit this form?

2) is there any standard role for message creator in solution manager?

3) all the key users need to be created in solution manager?

please advice.

Regards,

Sanju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

In the message status only in "process" and "confirm" are active.if i want to give a solution for the problem message and change the status to "proposed solution" how can i change?.

also if sap replies for a message in send to SAP how can i recieve in solution manager? is it possible?

Regards

Sanju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju,

Apart from whatever is told by Raghu,

(2) add on - the message creator has to close the message by setting the status to "confirmed" after checking whether his requirement is met.

Of course, the key user has to login to Solution Manager and he need to have a SolMan userid and Business Partner created for his useried.

You can assign "SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE" role to the key user to enable him to create support desk messages.

Hope it helps.

Dont forget to reward points for useful answers.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Answers (0)