cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About System Landscape config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to System Landscape (SLD), so I have a question as below:

Firstly I have installed Sol Man 4.0 in my server named SAPX with SLD as following:

- SLD HTTP Host: SAPX

- SLD HTTP Port: 50000

- SLD Gateway Host: SAPX

- SLD Gateway Instance Number: 00

Then now I'm installing ERP 2005 with ABAP+JAVA stack. At the SLD screen of Central SLD, do I config the same configurations as I did in Sol Man. installation or make differences as following?:

- SLD HTTP Port: 50200

- SLD Gateway Instance Number: 02

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Toan,

Try this:

Have one local SLD for ECC system and then define the Solman in data supplier in ECC SLD.

This will send the data to Solman SLD.

Orelse you can give the details of solution manager SLD in

ABAP Side

-

SM59 --- RFC --- LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI

TCode -- SLDAPICUST -- define the hostname

RZ70 -- for ABAP Data Supplier

Java Side

-

Jco RFC Provider

SLD Data Supplier in Visual Administrator.

Thanks

Kalyan.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Alberto, Kalyan and Anandha,

I consider your answers helpful.

Let me summarize.

- If at SolaMan installation, I choose "Register in existing central SLD", then I have to config SLD by http://<sever>:<port>/sld. Otherwise, if choosing "Configure a local SLD" then I immediately config SLD right at installation moment.

- Once finishing configuration of SLD for SolMan, I can install other ERP softwares and choose "Register in existing central SLD" at SLD screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Toan,

Its very Clear.

If u would like to maintain central SLD (ie) only one SLD for your entire landscape then knildy fill the details of the solution manager SLD whenever u install any components. For doing this whenever u do installation select the option register in existing SLD and give the appropriate details

so that complete details regarding your system landscape will be maintained in your Solution manager SLD. You can refer this in future.

If u feel having a central SLD is not necessary then u can prefer the option configure the local SLD. This option will create a sepearte SLD in the host where u r installing the appropriate component.

regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

I think the order of installation is Sol Man first, then ERP 2005. Is it right?

What I want is to let Sol Man & ERP 2005 be in the same system landscape and in the same server SAPX.

So I installed Sol Man 4.0 in my server named SAPX with SLD using "register in existing central SLD" as:

Am I wrong when using "Register in existing central SLD"? Should I have configed using "Configure a local SLD"?

Then I'm installing ERP 2005 with ABAP+JAVA stack. Now I'm wondering the config. of SLD screen for ERP 2005?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Toan,

Before installing Solman ,Do you have SLD defined ?

Defined --- register in existing SLD ( so Solman SLD registered in central SLD )

Not defined -- You can configure SLD from http://hostname:portno/sld after installation ( Solman SLD will be local SLD )

If you want Solman to be Central SLD then at the time of install ECC , Give

SLD hostname and gateway no if Solman SLD.

Hope you understand what i am saying ?

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Toan,

Well, as yours seems to be a new installation you need first to install solman and during the process create (install in local SLD), write down the ports, etc. Then when you install ECC you will subscribe this new server to the already created SLD in Solman so you will need the info about ports and all that stuff.

Solman needs to be first (if you don´t have one already) because if you don´t have a solution manager server you could not obtain the key to install everything else.

This has been already mentioned before in this post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Toan,

I assume that you are installing ECC 6.0 on different Host.

You hv two choices i.e. install local SLD or in central SLD.

I suggest you select the local SLD and give corresponding values of ECC 6.0 Host.

Regards

Umesh