Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User manual authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi erverybody,

I have a questions for the Web Dynpro Guru's you are

I need to write an authentication method for my WD Application.

I know there is the Authentication properties for a Web Dynpro Java but i don't want the user to have one more screen.

I want the user to enter his name in an inputfield then click on a button who authenticate him with this name.

Where can i find some code example or help to do this.

Thanks for your anwers.

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

WD Application will be usually launched in <b>Enterprise Portal</b>. Portal has provision to <u>configure authentication system to be used</u>. If this is not the case, you can use Database connection code to authenticate users.

Thanks and Regards,

Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i don't use WD Application in the Enterprise Portal. (i knews there was a solution with the portal). But what i need is another solution because my application isn't used in the portal.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Can you please elaborate which kind of authentication system you are trying to use.Based on that we can suggest you.

Regards,

Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well let's say authentication based on the "automatic authentication".

It works with the UME of the WAS i think.

In fact, i was asked to log manually so that the user has only ton enter his name and push on a button. (without enterring a password). I allready use this button to call a bapi which return a list of items base on the name the user enter.

So what the client wants, is to make from one click, double use:

- authenticate this user with username (so that we know who is logged in)

- call the bapi with as input the username.

ps: also other question that's not very clear for me, what about SAP licences if we don't use the authentication =true?? does is then use a default user??

If yes can we use it on multiple device at the same time???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong, what you need to do is authenticate user based on his User ID existance in SAP R/3/CRM/BW ..etc. For this functionality of checking user exisatnce can be done in BAPI itself.

Coming to <i>SAP licences</i>, I dont have clear idea.