cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Planning in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to do resource planning in cProjects but I am not very clear about the process.

I know that Business Partners are to be created in R/3 but with which BP Role assigned?

Also where the Project Roles are being created?

Could you please tell me the detailed procedure(step by step) how to go about it?

Thanks & Regards,

Nitisha Madan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitisha,

The Roles would be created in cProjects itself. Once the roles are created, you can assign resources to the role. For assigning a resource, the employee/resource should be created as a Business Partner.

You can use the standard report 'HR_SYNC_PERSON' to create business partners of existing employees.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the quick reply.

But actually I was looking for the complete procedure step by step elaborated in points.

Also, the standard report 'HR_SYNC_PERSON' is not running.The system says ,"Transaction HR_SYNC_PERSON does not exist".

Regards,

Nitisha Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction SE38, Report Name: HR_SYNC_PERSON.

Once the Business Partners are synchronized, you can assign them on the roles that you have created. Let me know if you face any more problems on this.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have created a Business Partner with Role type Business Partner.After saving,I changed the Role Type to Employee.

Now I am unable to create Project Role through cProjects initial screen.

I am not having 'Resource'Tab on the initial screen.The tab is 'Resource Planning' and I beleive it does not have any provision for creating the project roles.

Please guide.

Regards,

Nitisha Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitisha,

You would need to create a role inside a project. Open the relevant project, inside which you will find a tab which will take you to the Resources page. There you will have options to create, copy and delete role.

If you face any problems, send me a screenshot of the projects page on my email id.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have created a Business Partner with a Partner Type : Employee

Also I have created a Project Role.

Now what next needs to be done?

Is Qualifications Management a necessary step?

Regards,

Nitisha Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitisha,

Qualification Management is optional. You can assign this business partner to the role now. If you can send me a screenshot of the 'Resources' tab in the project where you have created the role, I can guide you accordingly.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have assigned the particuar resource to the Project Role.

I did not go for Qualification Management.

But I want to implement Timesheet Concept.How a resource can fill his/her timesheet?

I have sent you the screenshot of the 'Staffing'Tab on your mail id.

What next needs to be done?

Thanks & Regards,

Nitisha Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I forgot to mention that I am getting 2 warning messages on the top of the screen:-

1.Cost/revenue rate PROJECT ADMIN is not valid in organization 00000000

2.No cost/revenue rate has been assigned to Resource "Test Dummy"

Please suggest what could be the reason.

Thanks in advance,

Nitisha Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitisha,

The resource assignment that you have done is correct.

Unfortunately, I have no idea if there is some standard integration to CATS with cProjects 4.0. I am using cProjects 3.1 and we used user exits in CATS worklist to display corresponding project/tasks for the resources. I guess the same should be applicable to 4.0 also.

Please check if the Internal Order for the project has been replicated. This is where the costs/revenues of the project will be allocated.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (0)