Did you mean: 

variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sap gurus,

In variant configuration, i know how to create class,

then characteristics,

then configurable profile, and

maintain the price record for in vk11, va00 and in pr000.

These are the basic things in variant configuration.

But one company called and they need who knows variant configuration and they are expecting me to do variant configuration.

I kept 1 yr exp in variant configuration.

So plz give suggestion , whether to apply for this particular job on variant or to drop .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the one thing i suggest u is be faithful inur approach and be brave and confident.. as long as u have faith inurself and confidence that u can perform well u always have ur chances..

there is always risk in faking up but if ur confident enough on the level of subject knowledge u can give a try, and explain the interviewer that u dont have enough of working experience on the topic but u really do have gud subject knowledge.. based on that prepare urself for the interview.. always stick on ur word and be faithful in what u do defntly things will go ur way..wht ppl would look in a person is his buring desire to learn and implement, learning is one area which never comes to an end, and as long as ur learning u can acheive wht u desire for..

have faith and first start believing urself.. by asking this question u have shown that ur not fully prepared for the task ahead of u.. first build confidence and then go ahead in a more faithful path.. if u really concentrate on the subject learning then i am sure u by urself can answer this question of urs...

Search on the forum for Variant Configuration can get much of the info required...

Thanx... Naren

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robert,

Generally VC is done by PP Team ....But SD related things are done by SD Consultant...

VC is very vast topic and you will have to closely work with ur PP Consultant for the same..

Im sending U SD VC steps...

Some light on Variant Configuration in Detail.

The procedure is as follows:

Create a Material - KMAT type with Item category (002)

Create Charateristics in CT04 - Zbike, where in values mention the Color of the bile like Red, Blue etc

Create another characteristics in CT04 - ZPrice, where directly go the additional data tab and maintain the table SDCOM and field VKOND (ABAP Dictionary it will ask for)

Assign these two characteristics to a Class in CL01 - ZBikeclass ( Type 300) in characteristics tab page.

Then go to CU41 Configuration profile select the material and enter the description click on the class assignment ie assign Zbikclass.

Now go back to CT04 - enter Zbike -go to values- select Red- go to extras - Other Dependencies - Select Procedure enter in front 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Red' and save

Now go back go to extras - Other Dependencies - assignments and assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)

Now select Blue- go to extras - Other Dependencies - Editor - Select Procedure enter in front of 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Blue' and save

Now go back go to extras - Other Dependencies - assignments and assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)

Now go to VK11 - Enter VA00 (Condition)(For Std RVA001 Pricing Procedure) - enter variant Red and Blue give the rates accordingly and create the sales order.

Variant configuration is used where you have a configurable material like computer (made up of components like processor, monitor, keyboard, mouse etc). These components are called as characteristics in variant config. Again this will be having values like processor can be either P4 or P3, monitor can be 15" or 17" etc.

Based on the values selected the variant pricing will happen using the condition type VA00

REWARD POINTS IF U FINDS THIS AS USEFUL...

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think u know the basic steps in variant configurafion. nothing to worry about variant configuration follow this link

<a href="http://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki">variant confi</a>

here goto erp operation-->u find vaiant confi

in addition get pratice on all object dependencies or alteast on procedure(one type of dependencies).If u are on SAP 6.0 then it is much more simple. the variant configuration uses condition techquie here. I have not worked on it.

my suggestion is get pratice & apply for the job

regards,

Arunprasad

Message was edited by:

arun prasad

former_member227476
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear robert

here am sending step by step configuration of VC

THIS IS FOR THE PLAIN VARIANT CONFIGURATION.

Starting with creating a class

The best naming convention is name the class same as the material name

Let’s suppose your material name is NISSAN, create a class with name NISSAN of class type 300. Now coming to characteristics, name them as NISSAN_COLOR, NISSAN_CC.

Creating class NISSAN

Transaction code: CL04

Look at the screen shot below

Next go to the characteristic view.

Add the characteristic NISSAN_COLOR. If the characteristic exits it will take it, else it will prompt you to create the char

Say yes

If you don’t want leave it as it is and creates the char for later just save it.

Creating a characteristic: Transaction code: CT04

Here is the screenshot for basic data

Next enter the characteristic values

Screen shot:

We can look into this characteristic, if the characteristic is based on the dependency.

There shouldn’t be any additional data for this. Now the characteristic is created. SAVE IT

Now create another characteristic called NISSAN_CC

The characteristic value view:

he last characteristic value is the one which represents the variant condition field (vkond). Table is SDCOM

You might need to look into this views with fields coz these are not same as that of the normal values. You don’t have any characteristic values for this characteristic. You assign the values in the dependency.

Now you are done creating the characteristic for this class.

I am trying to make this configuration simple without any classes of type 200.

Ok now let’s start creating dependencies.

Let the requirement be like this. For red you get options to select just 100 and 200, for blue you get to select 300 and for black you get to select 400. This doesn’t happen in reality, but I just wanted to show how it works.

Transaction code: CU01

Let’s create the first one

NISSAN_OPTIONS_RED

Remember when you start creating the dependency the status would be in preparation i.e., 2

When you are done writing the code for the dependency change the status to 1

Now click on the dependency editor

Check the syntax: CTRL+F2

Now save it and change the status to 1 before completely saving it

Similarly create the options dependency for blue and black

NISSAN_OPTIONS_BLUE, NISSAN_OPTIONS_BLACK

Now let’s create dependency for pricing

NISSAN_SET_PRICE

Check for the fields which are selected.

Now you are done writing the dependency for variant pricing.

Now Creating configuration Profile

Transaction code: CU41

Configuration profile is where you maintain settings for a particular object. Object can be material, standard network or …. You may look into help for more information.

I don’t have a material right now. Let’s end this here. I might create a material and show how you maintain the configuration profile.

my sincere advice is dont depend on one company with one topic, breshup with all basics then this VC will become an added advantage for you.

all the best

rewards if it helps

siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can But try to brush up your other areas also as VC is VAST topic

Refer below url on some possible qustn on vc and be through with that

Message was edited by:

SHESAGIRI.G