cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 10 g

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If i download oracle 10g from oracle site, will that work with SAP.

Which is the correct version of oracle 10g. for windows 2003, on dual core processor PC.

Currently i am having DVDs of SAP 4.7 EE with oracle 8i with ora patches.

can i change the databaseand instal.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Bidhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>i'd rather download the oracle dvds from sapnet</b> as sap provides a special distribution...and yes, you can (then) use oracle 10g (10.2.0.2) and get ready for installation....

GreetZ, AH

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madhukara_shenoy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bidhu,

If you don't have access to the service market place, then you should ask colleagues who has the access for the same.

Alternatively you can order the RDBMS CDs by opening a message on component XX-SER-SWFL-SHIP.

To download the SAP software you should have the access to service market place ... no other workaround!

Best Regards,

Madhukar

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please tell me elaboratly how to orde cd of rdbms

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhukar answered you:

<b>Alternatively you can order the RDBMS CDs by opening a message on component XX-SER-SWFL-SHIP. </b>

you can also go at http://service.sap.com/swcat

take note that if your friend orders this kit for you, he is doing this illegally and may get sued for that.

madhukara_shenoy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bidhu,

It is recommended to use the SAP installation guide and ORACLE Software given by SAP to install this. This way you will make sure all the required oracle components are installed!

You can download this oracle 10g software from service market place also. If I am correct the 47 EE should have oracle 9i and patches and not 8i?

Refer SAP note 871735 - Current patch set for Oracle 10.2.0. This will give the current patchset which you can use.

For R/3 Enterprise 4.7 Ext 1 (6.40 kernel), a direct installation with

Oracle 10.2 is possible. However, in this case, you must make the manual

adjustments that are described in Note 896475.

Also note 940794 gives the information on installation Oracle 10.2 for older SAP versions.

Regards,

Madhukar Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I dont have any access to Service.sap.com, As i am new to SAP, i am learning all this.

will you all please suggest me on this.