Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR0978W Database profile alert

prasad_sure
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

DB02-----> Check DB it's showing these warnings.

Please checks it and suggest me.

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: WARNING, parameter: DB_WRITER_PROCESSES, value: 4 (<> 1)

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: WARNING, parameter: LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL, value: 0 (< 300000)

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: WARNING, parameter: OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE, value: 9.2.0 (<> 8.1.7)

Regards

S.Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are using Oracle 9.2.0, go in transaction DB17 and set these values:

DB_WRITER_PROCESSES <> 4

LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL <> 0

OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE <> 9.2.0

then, go into DB16 and delete all alarms

next time CHECKDB runs in DB13, it will reset these values.

Message was edited by:

Eric Brunelle

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

adjust the corresponding values within your init<SID>.ora and restart your database

GreetZ, AH

prasad_sure
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

Thanks for the help.

Our init<SID>.ora it's showing these values.

*.OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE '9.2.0'

*.LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL 0

*.DB_WRITER_PROCESSES 4

What are values i want to put here. Please suggest me.

madhukara_shenoy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

Well the parameter recommendation is depends on the database version and SAP release version.

Using the relevant parameter notes for the affected system (Oracle 9i and lower: Note 124361 and 180605 (BW); Oracle 10g and higher: 830576), check whether the settings (<curr_val>) you are using are actually correct. If so, use transaction DB17 to change the <check_val> test values for the affected parameters to the correct <curr_val> value, to avoid future unjustified warnings. Alternatively, you can also deactivate or delete the checks in DB17 (Active = "N").

If warnings are issued correctly, you must adjust the parameter settings in init<sid>.ora (and, if necessary, the other configuration files included there using IFILE).

Best Regards,

Madhukar