cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI elements ToolTip - internationalization/Translation to Japaneselanguage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xperts,

I have a problem like the japanese translation of the UI elements <b>tool tip</b> is not coming properly(instead i'm getting small square boxes). All other text etc are getting translated properly to japanese. i have made the translation at the same place <b>Test.wdview_ja.xlf</b> . I tried rebuilding the project, changed the text but nothing is working, if i add any English along with the japanese text then that english part alone is coming in the tool tip and rest square boxes

Any suggestion from ur side.

Your help is very much appreciated and points will be awarded.

I Have done all the changes in the S2XEditior i.e, in the Test.wdview_ja.xlf file and changed the text to Japanese.

I also tried mapping the Tooltip to a context variable and assigning the value through MessagePool(wdContext.currentContextElement().setCa_fromdateTip(textAccessor.getText("From_Date"));). But nothing is Working.

Is it a Bug?? or am i doing some mistake some Where. Kindly Suggest some solution, as this is Urgent.

Thanks

Yusuf

Message was edited by:

Mohamed Yusuf Penna Khaja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now as you have the properties file use the s2x editor i.e the editor for the .xlf which you'll find in the <com.sap.app.wd.languages > now you can create your own .xlf file and please rename file <old name>_<language key>.xlf .

for example language key for german is de.Now you can open it in the s2X editor.

Under the header tab select the language for which you have specified the key.

Now in the Resource text tab go and translate the resource text to the specified language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kanwalpreet. for your swift reply. I have done all that. All other English are getting translated properly, like button name, caption etc. Except the Tooltip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yusuf,

Did u try re-loading the project and then re-deploying it?

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Pradeep thanks for ur tip, actuall i tried everything like deleting EAR, rebuilding, closing and reopening etc.

Actually, the client was able to see the tooltip in Japanese and just that we are not able to see it. So probarbly something to do with OS i guess. The problem is solved now, we dont see it bu the clients are able to see it.

Thanks

Md. Yusuf