cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to Oracle 10g RAC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are performing the following SAP Heterogeneous OS/DB Migration & Unicode Conversion using the SAP system copy tools (R3load):

Source System: OS/400, DB2, SAP ECC 6.0 (ABAP only), Kernel 7.00 (Non-Unicode), 64-bit

Target System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHEL 4, Oracle 10g RAC, SAP ECC 6.0 (ABAP only), Kernel 7.00 (Unicode), x86_64

Q1. Is it possible to OS/DB migrate directly to a 2-node Oracle 10gRAC configuration on the target system OR are we required to first complete the OS/DB Migration to a single instance Oracle 10g database, which will then be 'migrated' to a 2-node Oracle 10gRAC environment?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked note 527843?

[quote]

The implementation of Oracle RAC is supported in the SAP environment in

the form of a 'Controlled Availability'. This Controlled Availability

has already been available for a long time for Oracle RAC Version 9.2.

As of December 2006, this release status also applies to Oracle RAC

Version 10.2.

<b>Controlled Availability means that the system configuration for new RAC

projects must be checked by SAP or Oracle before the system is used in

production.</b>

[/quote]

If SAP/Oracle have already checked your configuration, they should had provided you with the information you request.

If I'm not wrong, you could also get that ( or some ) information during the GL check done before the migration.

Talking about posiblitites, apart for the mentioned checks, it is technically possible, but I strongly recommend you to check with SAP before.

Lets wait to see if someone else have more information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew

I recently did a migration from single instance SAP running on HP-UX to RAC on Linux.

Steps:

- migration with r3load from HP to Linux single instance

- transformation of single instance to RAC

- implementation of standalone SCS instance for ABAP + replicated enqueue service and integration into the CRS (cluster software)

I would do that again in exactly the same way, for me its just the natural flow.

Best regards - Michael