cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change parameter "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to change the parameter "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar" from 1 to 0 so that I can create a new client, with a default sap* login.

I have tried:

- Transaction code "RZ10"

- Menu "Goto" -> Profile Values -> Of a server

I can see the current value for this parameter (it's at 1). But I can't see any way to enter an edit mode and change this value to 0.

I've tried double-clicking and right-clicking. There are only the two basic pull down menus "System" and "Help" and only the standard button bar at the top. There is no "display <-> change button" or anything similar.

What am I missing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Giesen,

You have to change the parameter "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar " value from 1 to 0 in INSTANCE PROFILE only and not in the DEFAULT profile.

Proceed as follows:

!) RZ10

2) Select instance profile from F4

3) Select extended maintenance and click change

4) Click on create Parameter button

5) Input "ogin/no_automatic_user_sapstar" infront of "arameter name:"

6) Input "0" infront of "Parameter val.:"

7) Click copy

😎 click F3 or back button.

9) Click Copy

10) Click F3 or Back Button

11) Save the changes

12) Ativate the profile

Award with points if helpful.

Regards

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Umesh,

I wonder if you read the last post by Geisen !!

Hello Geisen,

Apparently you have not imported the profiles till now. You need to first import them. In order to do that please go to RZ10. Then from menu bar select utilities->Import profiles->of active servers. Once it is done do an F4 and then you will see the profiles. Then you can make the changes. No issues with changing default profile also in my opinion.

Check this link as well:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c4/3a6247505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Loof for hyperlink change profile as well as the section : To import SAP profiles from all active application servers (mass import).

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member

That worked! Thanks guys!

Ruchit, the import profiles step was definitely necessary. Thanks!

Umesh, thanks for the step-by-step. That was helpful after I got the profiles imported.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member618758
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can goto RZ10,select default profile and extended maintenance

and change. Add the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=0 here.

Hope this helps,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but I'm can't figure out how to select my default profile.

If I hit F4 in the "Profile" field, I get the error, "No profile found".

I try a dozen different names for the profile, but whenever I move to the "Version" field and hit F4, I get "No profile exists with the name <whatever>"

I can see the profile file on the hard drive at: "TP_DOMAIN_H05.PFL". How do I find the name of the default profile. Or does the default profile even have a name?