cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender Adapter configuration - Program ID question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on a Sync RFC(R/3) --> XI --> Webservice scenario. I have a question on Program ID's. We're going to be having different RFC's call the same webservice. In that case, we'll have one scenario for each RFC sender.

Do we need to create different TCP/IP ports and Program ID's in R/3 for each RFC sender or just one TCP/IP port and Program ID can be used by all RFC's from R/3?

Please respond with your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

use same port and prograam ID for all of them

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

thanx

aamir

Message was edited by:

Aamir Suhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aamir for your reply. So what you mean is, depending on the Sender RFC, the message would be channeled to corresponding Sender RFC comm channel in XI? Am I correct?

What would happen if I have two scenarios, RFC --> XI --> Webservice and RFC --> XI --> File, ,but triggered with same RFC from R/3. If I use the same ProgramID and TCP/IP connection, how would the RFC know to which scenario this particular message should go to.

Pleae reply.

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>RFC --> XI --> Webservice and RFC --> XI --> File

u wont design this in two separate scenario,you will design this as a single scenario with conditional receiver determination and based upon the sender value the data will be delivered to either Webservice or File or both of them.

thanx

Aamir

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aamir,

Buddy please correct me if i'm wrong!! As u said u will design this as single scenario with conditional receiver determination, Wht happen if I create RFC channel under some other Business Service with same Program ID. In this case my receiver is different isn't it!!!

The key is Outbound Interface .. If the RFC sends BAPI_GET_DETAIL with say ProgramID TEST_1000 the corresponding interface in XI will be triggered, similarly if the RFC sends RFC_READ_TABLE with same program ID TEST_1000 the corresponding interface will be triggered?

Is the above example make sense, please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey raj

yes buddy,you are correct if the RFC's are different.

well my answer is based upon the assumption that he is sending same RFC to webservice as well as to File.in this case better approach will be to create one sender CC for RFC and 2 receiver CC(one for file and one for webservice) and then use conditional receiver determination.

Of course for different RFC we should create separate scenarios(until and unless we need to merge them in XI),we can use the same programID but the outbound interfaces would be different as u said.

thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aamir. Let me try this and get back to you.

Answers (0)