cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration rule maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using product substitution and location substitution in the integrated rule maintenance. When we have a product in the product list substitution, the system does not make sure that the plant entered in the sale order is in the location determination...is it normal?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just checked what you said. You are correct.

1) when you enter wrong product which is not there in the prod.subt list and wrong location which is not there in the loc.subt list, when u do rule evaluation for this, you will get first pop up with msg regarding product and secondly with location.

2) But when product is given correctly and location is missing in the loc.sub , it doesn't say anything error. But don't show any result as well.

I think it doesn't impact any functionality and we can neglect.

If you are getting some problem due to this , you can come back to me...I can work on this.

Best Regards,

Deepthi

Message was edited by:

Deepthi Naidu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer but in fact yes it causes problem. here is a example:

sale order created for:

Product A

Plant 1000

during the ATP check, the system finds a rule. In the rule, the product A is in the product substitution list and the location determination for that rule is: plant 2000, 3000, 4000...

therefore the system should not confirmed at plant 1000 because the plant is not in the location determination list. But because I have stock at plant 1000 for product A, the system confirm the order...but we don't want this to append.

Then if a remove product A from the product substitution list, then the system work find. the system do not confirm the order at plant 1000.

It is normal? In my mind this is wrong.

Thanks

genevieve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Genevieve ,

Okay. Considering the scenario you have mentioned, if you want the ATP check to be happened at initial location please make that set up in check instructions.

And to aviod such a situation , it's always better to have Rule evaluation before going into the sale order.

ANd i did set up the scenario which you told , and in sales oredr or ATP simulation there will not be any message if you don't put the right mat or prod.Only the rule evaluation shows this msg that too only for prod. ANd for loc anyways it is showing nothing.

So i would say initially if you follow rule evaluation and ATP simulation there will not be a problem.

Please consider my proposal and still if you are not satisfied come back to me.

Best regards,

deepthi

Message was edited by:

Deepthi Naidu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepthi

Thanks for your answer but if I check the rule evaluation for the product/location the system display the following message..Requested loc. that you entered is not substituted in current proced...therefore when I create a sale order I would except the system to not confirmed to that location since is not in the location determination but the system do confirm....

Do you think it's a bug?

Thanks

Genevieve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's strange. If the loc.sub is not resulting into the source location how can it be possible ?

I tried.It didn't happen with me.

Please make sure the following things:

1) In the check instruction make sure you haven't selected the Product Check as any step.

2) In the check instruction select only 'Active RBA'. and for 'remaining requirement say' Do not craete remaining requirement or at first location' abut not at source location.

3) Make sure you don't have any different check mode , business event for location detr.activity.

4) And check the checking horizon is considered .

If still it's working plaese explain the product master and rules and check instructions to me . i will set up here and see this.

Thansk & regards,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I have the following setting:

1) check instruction: Z50 with business event A:

- first check on product check

- RBA selected

- immediate rule evaluation without previous check

- do not create remaining requirement

My activity is setup with the following:

- check mode Z50

- business event A

- start production: availibility check first then production

- production time: After executing product availibility check

Also if my product is included in a product substitution list:

product substitution: product A substitute by Product B

Location determination: plant A and plant B

- sale order for product A and plant C...then the system will confirm the order at plant C event if not in the location determination for the rule.

if I remove my product from the product substitution list

product substitution: Not applicable

Location determination plant A and plant B

Sale order for product A and plant C...then the system will not confirmed the order and I will get the following message in the sale order: No substitution for item XXX with rule immediately...

I hope this will help.

Thanks again for your support.

Genevieve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Genevieve ,

Since there is no loc sub happening we will not consider Loc.det.activity.

But when you did the pro.sub is your source prod and loc combination is also appearing in the result?

If you go to rule evaluation for Prod A and loca C:

if result is : Prod A ,Loc C and Prod B ,loc C.

Plaese adjust rule control to remove source prod loc(AC) from the list.

rest all the set up looks fine.

Thanks & regards,

Deepthi

null