cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Item Category??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am workind on issue which has order type ZBSR (voucher). There is only 1 return itrm category which returns the stock into unrestricked use immediately. I need to configure a new item category which mirrors the original SAP return item category, which will post the returned quantity into return stock first (instead unrestricted stock) ,

Could you please explain how can process this issue. Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

MD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AKK,

Thanks for you such a useful information, bro could you plz let me know what movement type should i use to post the return quantity into return stock, becoz someone else in this thread mention that 651 will move the return to unrestricted stock, please advice.

Thanks and appreciate ur reply

MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi krishna,

could you pls advice me the step by step procedure to handle this issue, i am sure what you are saying here could be correct,,how can we establish the relation between item category and movement type. what are the configuration changes do i need to make. i have to copy the standard SAP return item category and make sure it brings the stock back to return instead of unrestricted stock.

Please advice.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The item category does not decide the movement type.

You attach a schedule line to your item category. The configuration for schedule line category is done in VOV6.

If you go through schedule line configuration, you will see a field call movement type. Here you need to enter the movement type which will transfer the material to inspection stock/ return stock.

If you go to VOV5 and check your item category - you will be able to see a schedule line attached to it. Note the schedule line and go to VOV6 and check the properties of this schedule line category. If you see there, you can see the movement type as 631..which is sending materials to unrestricted stock. Change it here to a different movement type as per your business requirement and save it.

now if you run your returns order, the stock will not go to unrestricted stock.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The return item category - REN has Sched line DN where in Moment type assign movement type 651 and then do PGR.

Then MM can move it by 453 if Quality passed, pl ask any of your MM coleage for doing it in the system.

Regards

former_member227476
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear mohammed,

according to your requirement you want the stock should send to return stock first

check the movement type 651 will take the stock first as return stock, it wount send the stock directly to unrestricted

you can customise the new movement type in Tcode OMJJ

rewards if it helps

siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

The Schedule line has the control of moment type ( we can decide to move to Returns , QM or Blocked stock ) when the return order is saved. i.e 651 moves it to Returns Stock and 453 moves it from returns to unrestricted stock.

I think by the control of Schedule category controls you can control the scenario.

Regards

Reward points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well configure your IC thru VOV7 and in field "Special stock indicator", fill in the appropriate as per your requirement.

Reward if helps

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Configure a new schedule line category and assign the same to your item category, dont use movement type 943 which moves the stock to unrestricted usage. Assign relevant movement type 703 for quality inspection or any other movement type as per your requirement.

Thanks