cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General SAP question about users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assume you have a SAP Login "JON" and you give this user a role in SAP. Lets just call the role BUYER. So jon has the BUYER role. Let us say Jon no longer is with the company or for some reason or another I need to delete the "Jon" login. Why is it that when I delete the user Jon that his reference still exists in the role "BUYER". I deleted a user "JON" and checked the role for BUYER and his name still exists.

Why is this the case ? Does SAP not believe in Referential Integrity. I'm just trying to understand how this works, maybe I am doing it incorrectly. Is the correct process first to remove the user from the role and then delete the user ?

Thanks,

Jon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Yes, may be I don't get it your question. Coz, i tried to create a test user MYTEST,

assigned it a test role TEST01. When I delete MYTEST, the user assignment in role TEST01 were also disappear, however i need to do user comparison since it's colour became yellow. My sap basis version is 640.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do a user compare

pfcg --> role --> user -->user compare

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not my question.

My question is why if I delete a user it does NOT delete a role. I know what PFCG is and how to use it. My question is if I delete a user shouldn't it delete the user from the roles of that user ? Why should we have scattered child records if the parent doesnt exist?

former_member618758
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to resync the authorizations

with t-code PFUD. PFCG sometimes has sync problem especially there were users on the system.

Thanks,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think people are understanding my question.

I have a user JON in which Ive added this user Jon to the role BUYER. If I delete the user JON why does his name STILL show up as being part of the BUYER role?

Do I always have to perform this sync in PFUD ???

former_member618758
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It's a bit hard to tell without looking at your system, did you run SCUL after and were there any errors inside? What's your basis version? Do you have CUA?

A note 568976 assignments are only deleted again with the next profile comparison (transaction PFUD). Which you might want to review. Also note 511200. Can you also check if the customizing switch 'PFCG_CONSIST_CHECK' is on? Hev you tried to run function SUSR_SYNC_USER_TABLES?

George