Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restict possible values using security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to see if there is a way to restrict what values show up in GR55 transaction when the user picks Report Group. Is there some security setting which will allow me to do this? Also is there a way to disable the "Generate" button on the same t-code or would that be a developer task.

Thanks,

Asheesh

3 REPLIES 3

dhorions
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Mital,

you can look up all the authorisation objects that are checked in GR55 using transaction SU24.

Just enter GR55 in the 'Transaction Code' field and hit F8.

To get more information about each Authorisation object select it in the list and click the 'Display Object Documentation' button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked at the authorization objects and found G_803J_GJB. But when I assign a value to the authorization group (in PFCG) for this auth object, I can still see all the possible report groups in GR55. My goal was to limit the report groups, which a user sees in GR55. I have already assigned an auth group to my report group in GR52 Header screen. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you assigned authorization groups to your report groups ? You will need to do this before the security will kick in. Also, you will only be able to change the auth group value for custom report groups - SAP will not let you change report groups starting with 0