cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Conversion Agent studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on XI 3.0 SP18 and want to try out using conversion agent 1.0 for a scenario.

I downloaded file SAPNWCM18_0-10003671.sca.zip from service.sap.com and then try to install converstion agent studio on my Windows XP desktop - as per instructions - I am asked to extract the ConversionAgent.sda file - and then run one of the *exe file that was extracted from the sda file . However I do not see any exe file in the contents of the ConversionAgent.sda file - Is this the sda file that contains conversion agent studio and the conversion agent engine ? If so, how do I go about installing the studio and the engine on my desktop - ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

.SDA file nothing but zip file. If you unzip this file you will find .exe file in it. You need to unzip this file either by using WINZIP or WIN-RAR.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh

Thanks for the reply. In my case, when I extract the ConversionAgent.sda file using winzip - I do not see any *exe file in the extracted files - I see only the following four files

Setup_Aix.bin

Setup_Aix.bin_imp

pathWithoutDot

wc

along with a couple of folders assemblies and Meta-inf.

Just to repeat, I downloaded the SAPNWCM18_0-10003671.sca.zip file from service market place for my aix 64 bit system on which XI resides. I get my ConversionAgent.sda file by extracting the above zip file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Extract "ContentMaster.sda"..I think this file contents .exe file.

Check out this blog for your reference..

/people/william.li/blog/2006/03/17/how-to-get-started-using-conversion-agent-from-itemfield

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh

When i unzip SAPNWCM18_0-10003671.sca.zip , I see only the following four sda files

CM_JavaAPI.sda

CM_RemoteSupportInterface.sda

CM_TransformModule.sda

ConversionAgent.sda

I don't see any ContentMaster.sda at all....

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry..

ConversionAgent.sda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

Yes , I have double checked - I cannot find any *exe file when I unzip ConversionAgent.sda file -

Anybody out there - can you help with this question - is there an *exe file that is a part of the ConversionAgent.sda ? I am not seeing any *exe files as a part of my ConversionAgent.sda ? Did anybody face a similar problem ? Our XI 3.0 box is on Unix - aix 64 bit and I downloaded the corresponding *sca file - Is there any other file to download from marketplace -

Please help....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Karthik,

Just rename your file Contentmaster.sda to ContentMaster.zip and unzippe it...its there...i just check..

File name is ContentMaster4.exe

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh

Again , I renamed - ConversionAgent.sda to ConversionAgent.zip - still do not get any *exe file- the only explanation is that I don't have the correct *sca file - I am pretty sure I get the correct *sca file

Former Member
0 Kudos

ah ..haaa...

here we go you said..."Our XI 3.0 box is on Unix - aix 64 bit and I downloaded the corresponding *sca file -"

I was under impression you are downloading for win version...

But if you want desktop version(on win system) download WIN32...

I think as far as Unix -aix 64 bit is consider you need to ask basis team to deploy this file...you cannot have .exe file here.. ( sorry for this confusion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh

Got it - thanks for your patient follow-up and replies....Full points earned...

Answers (0)