cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NoClassDefFoundError exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I need to reload NWDS on my laptop. I just attended the 2005 CRM Boot Camp and they had us load, unload, reload stuff on our laptops so many times that it doesn’t look anything like it did.

In order to use my NWDS, I had to pull down J2SE 1.4.2_08 from Sun.com. And now it seems to compile my java file but can’t seem to run or debug them. I keep getting:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: KensApplication

Exception in thread "main"

The class files are getting created and the same source works on another system.

What’s the best way to reload NWDS and co. ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I think you do not need to reload NWDS and Co. , But you have to set your CLASSPATH. Put the folder into CLASSPATH where all your .class files are stored.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Narinder Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narinder,

I'm pretty new to NWDS - can you give me a little more detail on how to do that?

Thanks super much!

Ken

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Abdul Razack solved the problem.

For some reason the Run / Debug dialog boxes listed my mainclass with just the application name - not "package.appname" like it needed. (and like NWDS has done correctly before - go figure)

Thanks for your help.

Is there any way to award Abdul the points?

Ken

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

This is a common problem with NWDS.You have set your classpath in your "lib" folder on your project structure in order the application to compile without errors.

Since you say you can compile ur java file w/o any error the problem lies in loading your JRE(Java runtime environment) in to your "lib" folder.I think once you have your JRE running your java file will run w/o any problem.

Regards,

guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

I'm pretty new to NWDS. Can you give me a little more detail on how to do that?

Thanks, Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

right click on your project name->properties->java buildpath->library->add external jar->order and import