cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI RFC_READ_TABLE (Options field)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

has anyone able to perform the call of that BAPI using the Options as input field? I'm trying to call that BAPI to display a table (USLA04) and it works as long as I don't use the Options input table. I thought that was something about passing a table as Text, but that doesn't seams to be the case.

I'm passing the options parameters as "BANME LIKE 'XPTO'" for the table USLA04. If I pass the parameter as "MANDT = 102" it works, so I think it is something related to the string control of the SQL statement (' character).

In Visual Composer I could analyzes the logs, and the whole result set structure from the <rows> that should return are filled with valid data from the user 'XPTO', but it ends with an error message: (005> [E] Portal request failed (Required white space was missing, line 1).

Line 1 of the source has the following code:

<DataMap id="xxxx" name="SUBMIT" src="#ID[xxxxx]|  trg-"#ID[xxxxy]" spec="DT_MAP" fields="{TEXT:{map:'BNAME LIKE 'XPTO''}}"/>

(<i>The escape characters of the 'XPTO' field looks fine, but since I don't have control over the code generated, could not test any code change for testing purposes</i>)

I did test the BAPI with the same values, it doesn't display any value at all, returning no error message at all (although via the Portal Logs I could see the result set in the <rows> parameters of the structure). It seams that for some reason, the BAPI return is not in the correct format that the <WA> output field is expecting.

Has anyone has a workaround for that problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although the Visual Composer Preview TAB does not display the results, once the iView is deployed to the Portal, and the values for the OPTIONS table parsed (the option paramenter doesn;t accept Standard SQL function like : UPPER('') or LOWER(''), so a UPPER(@field) was used in the Expression Editor to set the value and send the request as a single string to) the iView does retrieve the information back to the Portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to use this function with VC 2004s.

The "flipped" option port (from out to in) doesn't work.

Of course the rfc_read_table works fine if I call the same table with same option from sapgui.

Any idea?

Bye

Massimiliano