cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always failed during operating system checking while installing NetWeaver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed NetWeaver Composition Envrionment Sneak Preview - Java EE only but always failed during operating system checking. Does this version not support Window XP Professional SP2? This is mostly used window system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

NetWeaver Composition Envrionment is supported by : WINDOWS SERVER 2003/X64 64BIT. Hence you cannot use Windows XP for that.

The same can be found at service.sap.com/pam

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Sounds really BAD because Most people use XP Professional SP2. I believe that I saw it: It supports Window XP (From instruction but not sure the details). What about NetWeaver 7, or NetWeaver 7.1 or NetWeaver 2004? I just need to use the features like EP and XI. Thanks for the reply.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Big,

Yes it's not supported in Windows XP, so you better move to 2003 or some other OS.

Regarding,

Hari.

PS: Award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the instruction and comfirmed that it does support Window XP Professional (SP2):

System Requirements

<b>Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2)</b> or Windows 2003 Server (Service Pack 1)

<b>This version runs on Windows XP (SP2)</b> with password accounts and Windows Server 2003 (32bit)

NTFS file system

Micrsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, or Firefox 1.0 or higher

Min. 1 GB, recommended 2 GB RAM

7 GB free hard disc space

Download file 1.8 GB

1.5 GHz PC or higher

Monitor 1024x768 pixels or more, 256 colors

Internet access (for CE online documentation)

If no DHCP server is available on your network (which dynamically determines the IP address) or your computer is not connected to any network, you need to install the virtual interface adapter MS Loopback Adapter.

To use SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe, you must install the necessary credential file and activate it using a unique password. Download the latest credential and passwort from SDN