Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going from centralized system to distributed system

arijanasvaljek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would like to go from a centralized system and to a distributed system, having the database and the central instance on different servers. Could you please tell me if there is a procedure to do this or do we have to reinstall ?

Best regards,

Arijana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

how many servers you are talking about?

you can move the database on a different host and you can move the central instance to a different host.

If you currently have only one server and want to add additional resources to your system it is normaly sufficient to add additional dialog instances.

peter

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

arijanasvaljek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies.

Best regards,

Arijana

arijanasvaljek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

And if I decide to separate the DB from the central instance and have one server dedicated only to the DB (stand-alone DB server), would it be difficult to separate the current central instance from the DB ?

Regards,

Arijana

Former Member
0 Kudos

normaly it is easier to move the DB to another host.

Moving the CI you will need a new License Key, you will have to reconfigure all SAP Clients (SAP GUI) using the new hostname.

On the other hand before splitting the CI and database you should add additional Application servers (dialog instances).

Normaly you will not be able to utilize all resources of the database host, with just one application server installed on a separate machine. (valid for equal hardware configurations of both machines).

Peter

arijanasvaljek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the moment I have a centralized system with Oracle DB and one central instance on the same server. I would like to have a distributed system with the DB on one server (with or without the central instance on the same server, I don't know which is better) and then one or more application server(s).

Regards,

Arijana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijana,

Can you please elaborate that you want

CI / DB / Dialog as seprate or Just want to scale from Single server to Multiple Server

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you can do is, you install a dialog instance on a second system and configure it as the central instance (with enqueue and messages server) and then deactivate the ENQ and MSG on the first instance.

--

Markus