cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Receiver CC Doesn't Deliver File

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using NFS as the transport protocol for the file receiver. This communication channel is not delivering the file to the target system all the time.

In the integration directory, I have tested the configuration for this particular interface and it is working fine. The receiver agreement is making use of this communication channel.

In the ABAP stack, the sxmb_moni transaction does not show/display any errors. Everything shows as success.

In the message monitoring for this particular interface, the status of the interface is showing 'Successful'. There is no errors anywhere in the monitoring tool for the interface in the runtime workbench.

In the RWB for this particular communication channel it is showing as "Processing finished successfully" and it shows me the message ID that was generated. Clicking on the message ID shows all statuses as 'Success'.

<i><b>There is times that this file gets delivered and there is times that it does not</b></i>. I do not understand why this message is showing success everywhere and I especially do not understand why the target file does not appear. In the forums that I have looked at, I have seen the various suggestions and recommendations but nothing seems to have worked. The J2EE services have been restarted and this doesn't seem to work to make it consistent.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Manuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the IE and AE in the runtime workbench for this interface and everything shows as success. There is <b>no errors</b> showing anywhere.

Working on a UNIX server and using BINARY file type. As previously mentioned, there is times that this file does get delivered and there is times that this file does not.

I do not see any errors in the runtime work bench. I do not see any errors in the ABAP stack. I am thinking that I am going to open an OSS message so that I can get help from SAP consultant.

Anyone else have any recommendations?

Former Member
0 Kudos

what scenario are you doing?

are you using any file content conversions in the receiver communication channel?if so generally when FCC doesnt support the complex source structure and just simply generates empty file.

does your source structure data always same,I guess it could be like its generating out put file when you have correct source structure and does not when there is no correct source structure.

I would compare source structures between the one for which output file got generated and the other for which it created empty file.

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Manuel,

What message are you getting at receiver communication channel monitoring???

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using NFS transport protocol because the target directory where I need to deliver the file is mounted on the same box as the XI server.

When I run the payload from the sxmb_moni transaction through the message mapping I do not get any errors and the output generates the correct output.

I have write authorizations on the destination folder. Otherwise, I wouldn’t ever be able to deliver the file.

Does any guru have any other suggestion or recommendation that could help me solve this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manuel,

can you check RWB-->Message Monitoring and there check IE and AE,if you have any errors there?if so act according to that.

r u on UNIX box or Windows?

in the receiver file CC verify (little silly) processing parameters-->file type Binary or txt.

if you have on UNIX then txt wont support,its good to have Binary always.

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Make sure that you have write authorizations for the target folder where you are trying to place the file.

and also go the message monitoring and check the message details and from there and check whether the processing is complete. check the same from the receiver communciation channel monitoring also.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Manual.

Try to run your message mapping with input payload from sxmb_moni and check if it is generating any output?

Nilesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

see SAP Note 821267

thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

Why are you using NFS, Is your target machine mounted on your XI Server ??

If you are trasporting the file to other machine use FTP.

Regards,

Sreenivas