cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication timeout - is version mismatch the reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting an error

when i access the URL,

http://<server name>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcmdmenrichment~ui/UI

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.deployment.api.WDDeploymentException: Failed to get deployable object part for application 'UI' of deployable object 'sap.com/tc~mdm~enrichment~ui'.

Moreover, when I check the status of the adapter in the Monitoring Systems:

i get a red flag under <i>Monitoring->MDM Enrichment Controller->Controller->Adapters->Adapter Bean Name->Services->Port Name</i> (that I've entered in MDM_EnrichmentControllerConfig.xml)

In the right frame there is an error message stating Availability Value->No

I don't understand the reason for this error, it would be very helpful if someone can clarify! I'm on SP05 Patch 2

Thanks in advance

Swarna Deepika

Message was edited by:

SwarnaDeepika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

Go thru this Enrcihement Blog:

<a href="/people/andreas.seifried/blog/2007/08/29/introducing-the-mdm-enrichment-controller-admin-ui Blog -1</a>

<a href="/people/andreas.seifried/blog/2007/08/30/how-to-use-the-test-environment-of-the-mdm-enrichment-controller">Enrichment Blog - 2</a>

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarathy,

Thanks for the info. I could see from the blog that the configurations are all in place. But still this problem persists. One more update, when i tried to test the adapter in the "Test Enrichment Provider System" I get the following error:

Service call exception; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.InvalidResponseCodeException: Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized. The requested URL was:"http://10.237.5.180:15871/cgi-bin/authenticate.cgi?ws-session=3869294932"

Startlingly this error does not happen always.......sometimes, i could very well see the download file link and the appropriate inbound file!!

What might be the problem?

Thanks & Regards

Swarna

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The issue was very simple, instead of entering the unencrypted password for the 'password' key i entered it in the 'passwordE' key.

Regards

Swarna

Message was edited by:

SwarnaDeepika

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

yes, you need to tag both steps with

Assignee Type: User

Assignee Users: <ec_system_user>

Execution Type: All concurrent

For an explanation of these properties, see:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/8c8f594ddf22aee10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried giving "All Concurrent", the workflow directly jumps to step 3, and nothing happens.On the other hand if i give "All Sequential Ordered" its throwing "Execute Task command...." error.

All this time i was getting the error with archived repositories, so i even tried creating a fresh one, but it ended in vain!!

Has someone faced this error?

Regards

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the workflow error is solved, when i directly uploaded the repositories instead of unarchiving them!! Now, there is a new problem, with

syndicating....i'm getting a timeout exception

Error occurred on-18 Sep 2007 16:28:05 Syndicate Exception - Timeout com.sap.mdm.framework.service.mdss.SyndicateServiceException: Timeout at 

com.sap.mdm.framework.service.mdss.MDSS_SVC_Mng.runSyndicateService(MDSS_SVC_Mng.java:89) at 

com.sap.mdm.enrichment.controller.ControllerManager.runMDSS(ControllerManager.java:847) at 

com.sap.mdm.enrichment.controller.ControllerManager.manageService(ControllerManager.java:772) at 

com.sap.mdm.enrichment.controller.ControllerManager.go(ControllerManager.java:541) at 

com.sap.mdm.enrichment.controller.ControllerManager.runEnrichmentService(ControllerManager.java:109) at 

com.sap.mdm.enrichment.workflowpolling.ControllerThread.run(ControllerThread.java:73)

1. my syndication server is running.

2. repositories' user name and password has been entered in mdss.ini

3. outbound port is empty.

I suspect whether version mismatch might be a problem, because my Server is on SP05 Patch 2 HotFix 1(5.5.42.57) while the

syndication and import servers are on SP05 Patch 2(5.5.42.48). Can you confirm if this might be the reason for timeout?

Regards

Swarna

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

please check your workflow definition. The minimal workflow consists of a start and a stop step with two process steps in between. The first process step must be the one referenced in the EC configuration as the trigger step. The second process step is used to "park" the workflow during the execution of the enrichment process itself.

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Yes my workflow has start->request sent->response received->stop steps.

Its a linear type with no branches.

The same workflow worked for the older version and i couldn't understand where this error is pointing to!

Can you clarify this please?

**************update****************

This "ExecuteTaskCommand" error occurs whenever i select "All Sequential Ordered" as the execution type for the process step in Visio. I tried selecting "All Concurrent", in this case, the workflow directly jumped to the response step, and remained there. I had to manually right click on it and send it to the next step.

Can someone explain the intended purpose of these execution types?

Thanks & regards

Swarna

Message was edited by:

SwarnaDeepika

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

the availability status is queried by the enrichment controller through a new method that was introduced with SP05.

public boolean isDataServiceAvailable(String serviceName)

Probably you did not yet implement it.

The correct URL for monitoring since SP05 is:

http://localhost:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcmdmenrichment~ui/MDM_EC

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the delayed reply, i was checking the issue on a different server.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion, the red flag for "service unavailable" has disappeared.

When i test the "Test Enrichment Provider System" the webservice seems to work fine (that "Invalid response code 401" error was due to erroneous proxy authentication). But when i trigger the workflow from Data Manager, I keep getting the following error:

ExecuteTaskCommand error a2i.core.StringException: ExceuteTaskCommand error
At a2i.common.CatalogData.ExecuteTaskCommand(Unknown Source)
At com.sap.mdm.enrcihment.controller.Repository.moveNextStep(Repository.java:137)
At com.sap.mdm.enrcihment.controller.Repository.moveNextStep(Repository.java:124)
At com.sap.mdm.workflowpolling.PollingThread.runController Thread(Polling Thread.java:207)
At com.sap.mdm.workflowpolling.PollingThread.run(polling Thread.java:113)

I tried:

1. deleting the workflow and creating a new one.

2. the repository has been checked for any errors and warnings (there are none).

I couldn't see any post here pertaining to this error. has anyone got this error?

Can you tell me how it was fixed?

Thanks

Swarna