cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC Chart - Multi Line Display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to display multiple lines in SPC chart for comparison of 2 columns in table. for example i want to compare pressure1,pressure2 in table1. i selected these columns via query template as select pressure1,pressure2 from table1. but i placed it in SPC chart it display both columns in single line. i want it seperately as in iChart. i need to display limits values along with column values.

So, How to do it? How to display multiple lines in SPC chart.

-senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil

SPC Chart is for analysis of <b>Statistical Process Control</b> for a data from any Query, where the data points are represented as measurement points with statistics values including Mean, Standard Deviation etc. Also u can have USL (User Specification Limit), LSL (Lower Specification LImit) & Target in the SPC Chart to get an analysis of that data, thatz why SPC Chart is used for <u>Statistical Analysis</u>, <b>NOT</b> for comparison between two column values.

You can do two options as follows for comparisons:

A) Since you want to compare between two pressures P1 & P2, You may use two separate SPC Charts - one for displaying points with P1 values while another for displaying points with P2 values. Using those 2 SPC Charts (iChart Templates)side by side in one page, u can easily see the differences between two Pressure column values thatz what a comparison is done.

(Dont use comparisons in ONE SPC chart)

B) If you want to compare between two pressure values, you can use <b><u>iChart</u> Typed Display Template with Chart type as <u>Line</u></b>.

To do that, first create a QueryTemplate from the Table u hv.

Suppose you hv current xml output as follows

<b><u>P1</u> <u>P2</u></b>

3.4 5.4

5.4 4.7

2.7 6.1

6.8 7.8

3.9 1.5

1.9 8.3

the new QueryTemplate should have this xml output with two columns as follows

<b><u>Pressure</u> <u>Values</u></b>

P1 3.4

P1 5.4

P1 2.7

P1 6.8

P1 3.9

P1 1.9

P2 5.4

P2 4.7

P2 6.1

P2 7.8

P2 1.5

P2 8.3

Then you assign the "Values" in the Value Columns and "Pressure" in the Label Columns in the <b>Data Mapping Tab</b>

Regards

Som

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is not what SPC is for...