cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII Result Output Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 3 Machines

1) Web Server (Running Tomcat Server, Open to Public)

2) xMII Server (Open to Web Server)

2) SQL Database (Open to Both Web & xMII Server)

I have created a dashboard on xMII Server using data stored in SQL Server. Now, I want this data to be available to public i.e. there should be some mechanism through which I can display the data on my web server. (I mean if i copy certain class file, i get the thing working on web server itself).

Is it possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the xMII server to push/publish the content to the web server via FTP. The BLS environment + the BLS scheduler would enable this. The only limitation is that you couldn't use the applets in that scenario.

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claude

Though it is possible, i nvr tried this out. u may try this out by creating a <b>webservice</b> with xMII-based dashboard using Business Logic Services. then use that created web-service in the web server for the data from xMII to be displayed on the web server.

Just try this as follows as for reference out if possible

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0e74673-718f-2910-c4a7-bbae959d...

Here first few steps will help u to create/generate a webservice with defined WSDL, then from Web Server u can import that defined WSDL file (webservice model)

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Som,

I am very naive in xMII. However, I will try this out.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claude

There is nothing to b naive.

Rather keep practicing n trying to wipe the tag 'naive' off.

I know u've potential to get experienced with time

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Som

I havent got any training on xMII (Basically a JAVA Guy). Just trying to get the things right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You probably need to create a page on your web server that contains an iFrame pointing to your xMII server page/dashboard page. Just remember that the users will need to log in to xMII at some point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you suggested is not physible coz iframe URL will be relative to PUBLIC USER Domain and not to the WEB SERVER DOMAIN.

It is something like reverse proxy but what exactly m not sure.

abesh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claude,

This Blog might give you a pointer as to how to do it :

<a href="/people/abesh.bhattacharjee/blog/2007/03/05/ajax-xmii-illuminator-services-a-database-browser + xMII Illuminator Services = A Database Browser</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abesh,

Thanks for the response & article.

It was good but again its one of the same things.. it will work only if the web application & xmii are on the same machine.

What i am looking for is a cross-machine solution.

abesh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claude,

But if you look into the code there's a Global Variable to specify the machine name (Replace the "localhost" by the machine name/ip). AFAIK it should work for xMII and Webserver being on different machine as long as they are in the same domain ( I tried it with this scenario )

Regards

Abesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abesh,

I have specified earlier that the xMII Server is not available in public domain and is accessible only through the Web Server.

This means, that the xMII server data can be viewed only at Web Server Machine. If a third system who is connected to the Web Server will try to access a Web Page on Web Server (which contains your code), it will try to open the location of xMII Server and will not be able to do so.

Its sth like this:

end user <=====> WEB Server <=====> xMII Server

(There is no direct connectivity b/w end user and xMII Server)