cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Profile type : Receiving Data from an 3rd party sys & Posting IDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My scenario is Receiving Data from a third party system and sending it to a R3 system as an IDoc...

It is a B2B scenario.....

So please tell me what should be my Scheme for the indentifier that i will be mentioning in the sender party...

Should it be ALE#KU or ALE#LS.........

it is working fine with ALE#KU...i m getting an error if i define it as ALE#LS......

Is there an extra setting that should be done for configuring it as ALE#LS or , it is not possible configuring using ALE#LS

Thanks in Advance,

Sushil H.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Is your third party system is sending cutomer data? Also does your customer number is same for all messages? In this case you can maintain as ALE#KU..

If you maintain it as ALE#KU then you have to maintain partner profile for your customer. I mean to say you need to create a partner of type "KU".

If you want to maintain it as ALE#LS, then first you need to create partner profile for your Logical System (LS)..before that you need to create Logical System for your Third Party( TC:SALE) and then create parrtner type LS (TC:WE20) and maintain partner profile for same.

Hope this will help.

Let us know if you need more information.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I tried creating a partner profile of type LS at R3 side and mentioned the name of the same in the Party Identifier Section.....

You said that

""before that you need to create Logical System for your Third Party""

So if i am using ALE#LS...then do you mean i need to define the Sender 3rd party system as a Logical system in SAP XI.???????

Thanks ,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sushil,

I case of sender partner of type LS, you dont need to define a Party in XI.

You can just define a business service and the Logical system name of the business service should be same as what is in your R3 system

Message was edited by:

Yomesh P Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Not in SAP-XI....

You need to creat in SAP R/3 system..receiving system. In order to create Receiver Partner profile of type LS. ( While creating Logical system you do not have to provide any 3rd party system details...just name )

Let me know if you need more details.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I have already done that....i have already tried configuring an LS type Partner profile....it gives an error in moni that "Unable to convert sender service to an ALE Logical system"

But the thing is ...wht i have concluded after doin an R&D is .....

We need to configure KU/LI type scheme if the sender is a third party in B2B type of communication.......

and

LS if the sender is an SAP system.....

i want to confirm if this is correct....

Many Thanks ,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ah...haaan...you are right!!

But I think there is a way...give me some time..will check and let you know.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes....

i was able to do it without specifying any identifier ...and mapping the sender information in the message mapping,,,,

(P.S: i checked the "Take sender from payload" in Idoc rec channel)

Many Thanks to all who answered,

Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

I have a similar problem and opened a thread:

i was able to do it without specifying any identifier ...and mapping the sender information in the message mapping,,,,

Can you please tell me:

1) What value you specified in the mapping for sender (was it 3rd party/ PI/ R3)? Did you disable the other fields like RCVPRN/ RCVPOR etc?

2) Did you make any change in the receiver channel for IDOC (in identifier section)?

It will be very helpful to me if you reply.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

It all depends on how have you defined the third party in your R3 system.

If you have defined the third party as customer, you will have to provide scheme as ALE#KU.

Consider an example where your receiving R3 system is XYZ with client 001.

Then Agency will be XYZ_001 , scheme is ALE#KU and the value is the number or name by which your third party is known in backend R3 system.

Using this seeting IDoc adapter will convert sender party (SNDPRN) value before posting your IDoc to R3 system.

This ensures that proper partner profile is triggered.

Regards,

Yomesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have u done the header mapping in the sender agreement?

When using KU, are u using Party component of ID. Try using Business System for LS case. Also provide Logical system name at Business System -> Service -> Adapter Specific Attributes

Regards,

Prateek

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb...

that guide will help you define your scenario.

Also ref: /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/13/wanna-party