Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite menu regeneration from single roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I have to maintain (add or remove tcodes) and transport a "single" role that is part of a composite role, the role menu for the composite is out of synch with the single role's transaction content.

The manual fix for this is to go into the composite role via PFCG in the destination system and push the Read Menu button. This will read the latest menus of the single roles.

I would like to know if there is a job that I can schedule that can synchonize the composite role to the single roles assigned to it, or basically a refresh of the composite menus. Is there any function that can do a mass menu update for a selection of composite roles?

The only other way I can think of doing this is writing an LSMW or CATT script to do this, but I would like to find a better way of doing this if available.

Thanks,

Ryan

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found that the easiest way to do this is via a CATT script. If there are any alternate ways, it would be good to know.

I imagine that it is not provided as default to allow a different menu structure in the composite than the structure inherited from the roles that make it up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wondering if it would be easier for you to run the manual step in the DEV system - where you made the single role change - and then transport the single role and composite role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think this is a feasible approach because 1 single role change can be linked to many composites (as designed) in our environment. I would not want to change every composite and transport them together with the single role. Also, it seems that composite transports take a lot of time to import, so I don't think our basis guys would be happy with us doing that. I have found that the menus can be re-imported in the production system w/o the need for transport, etc. I just think that manually refreshing the menus is going to be a maintenance struggle, especially since we have around 200 designed composite roles in our production environment.

Thanks,

Ryan