cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC (Access Enforcer) - Naming convention for new 'User Id'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We're currently implementing SAP GRC Access Controls for the first time in Portugal and our client needs to enforce a naming convention on the new User Id to be created, whenever a new user request is registered with the Access Enforcer.

<u>Is there any way that we can define the user id without asking the user who cerates the request? Or even validate what the user's input is and check if it is in concordance with the stipulated naming convention?</u>

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a risk and compliance system. For Integrity check on user-ids against naming conventions, you need to implement Identity management. I believe SAP now has a complete suite of Identity management products that work in complete sync with GRC and other SAp systems. Check with your SAP sales folks.

Hope this helps.

Snehal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Whilst what Snehal is partially right i tend to have the same thoughts as yourself. Since AE has auto-provisioning i would have thought that you should be able to specify a user naming convention ofr the user ids specified as Requestors are able to type in whatever they please. Unfortuneatley AE does not offer this type of functionality.

what you can do - as i am considering for a client - is two things:

1. If your leveraging off LDAP then you can perhaps use the LDAP username as a mapping to AE username. You will run into problems if this username naming convention is different across your network and sap.

2. Build in a extra stage to all your workflows so that a security administrator can analyze all requests to ensure that they conform to the naming convention.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Cuneyt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Has anyone adopted naming convention in AE to create user accounts in SAP ECC through auto-provisioning?

We have LDAP as the data source and trying to generate the SAP ID by incrementing a number. This number will be used to create user account in the ECC system.

Has anyone tried this option?

Thanks

Kee