cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-ID Question...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have a question regarding the SAP Auto ID Infrastructure. My actual status is, that I customized the R/3, the XI and the AII by using the "Outbound Processing Configuration Guide".

The R/3 sends a material master IDoc and the GTIN number range IDoc to the XI. The XI transfers an XML message to the AII.

But in AII, the XML message is on status "scheduled" (transaction "sxmb_moni"). Nothing happens. And in the AII documentation is mentioned on page 49 (process description), that the AII rule processor should perform a "create document activity".

Why is the XML message on status "scheduled"?

Does anybody know, what's wrong here?

What should I check?

What can I check?

Greetings,

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes;

The processing of the XI messages happens in queues in XI, and in AII. That message you see means that it was scheduled for processing in one of the queues. Odds are, there is a problem processing the message in the queue if you see that message in SXMB_MONI.

Have you checked the transaction SXMB_ADM? Within that transaction, double-click on the icon for "Manage Queues," then on the button QFRC Monitor on the next screen.

The exact processing queue should be XBTR. Double-click on that queue and check if there are any messages (signified by the queue name). If there is an entry, double-click on it and you may see the problem there. Typically, if there is an error processing a message it will show up in those queues.

If you need more detail, I can e-mail you a document I put together on the steps to troubleshoot these problems.

Best Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John!

Thanks for your help! I checked SXMB_ADM now and switched to "QRFC Monitor". The SAPGUI shows as result, that the "scheduler status" is set to "inactive". And there is no entry in the queue. I guess, this is wrong. You wrote, that there should be a queue named "XBTR" - where can I change this?

The troubleshoot document would be very helpful, I think. I updated my business card entries, so you can see my email address for sending the document.

The header line in SAPGUI shows, that the transaction SXMB_ADM opens the "Integration Engine: Administration" screen. Is this XI stuff?

Best regards,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes!

They will not show up in that screen if they are not registered. If you haven't done that step yet, you can do it on the same screen where you selected the QFRC monitor, just a) select all the queues, b) select "Register Queues" and hit the execute button.

Once that is done, you should be able to select the QFRC Monitor button and you should see all of the queues on the next screen. If that is the case you may need to go back to SXMB_MONI and reprocess the message to put it into the queue for processing.

DON'T worry about the fact that the scheduler status shows "INACTIV," that is normal.

Please attach you e-mail address to this thread and I will be happy to send along the document!

Cheers,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John!

My email adress is: johannes.vitzthum@gmx.at

Thanks!

Johannes

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The troubleshoot document sounds like something that the entire community could benefit from, John.

Would it be possible to share it with the community? (if it doesn't breach any non-disclosures from your perspective)

If you send it to me, I would be glad to upload it into our repository and credit you as the author. (Generates points and makes multiple users very happy)

cheers,

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marilyn;

That sounds like a plan! I will make it prettier today, with some screenshots, and send it along today!

-John

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

You are so community-minded.

Here's the Troubleshooting Guide that John has created for us. Hope I named it intuitively.

Let me know folks if that title needs to be changed.

I called it: <b>SAP RFID Troubleshooting While Uploading Documents to AII </b>

Here's the link:

https://sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/31f90b80-0501-001...

cheers,

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Many thanks to John - this was exactly what i need! Thanks to Marilyn for making it available in the community!

Greetings,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johannes;

Excellent! I am glad I could help!

Cheers,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marilyn,

i have problem with the encoding of this document, is it possible to have in pdf or simple ascii-text format?

thanks,

Peter Ha

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I tried to replicate your problem and couldn't. The file in the repository is a pdf file.

I wonder if others have had a problem with it.

It would be helpful to know and thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I will see to it that you get an emailed copy of John's doc immediately.

Please let me know if you have a problem with the directly mailed version and its encoding as it will be identical to the one I have uploaded publicly.

cheers,

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marilyn,

No problem with the PDF document here. Thanks to John and you for making it available.

Regards,

Randy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we are trying to send material master data from ERP to SAp AII system through XI. I have seen in the integration repository there are standars interface mapping and mesage mapping exists. But not clear on how to do configuration in XI nd which adapter we need to use in reciever communication channel and also the setting nede to be done in AII

can you please help m ein this?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Here's an interim solution:

In SXMB_MONI you can select the message and activate it manually (individually) using the toolbar on top - that will verify if number-range/documents have come across to AII.

For permanent solution, pls refer to John's mail.

John, if you have a troubleshooting document, please email/post it.

Thanks,

Santanu