cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS Serach field length needs to be changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created an application when I have implemented OVS.I have three search fields in the input node.Those are Id,FirstName and LastName.Data type of all these fields are been set to the one defined at back end.

Problem is Advanced search window when it pops up ,it is towards very right and the all the three search fields are very long.

My question is can I reduce the length of those fields and reduce the size of the window i.e set the position.

If that can't be done then what is the alternate solution ?

Regards

Akshaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no direct methods to tweak OVS UI. However, you may assign field label / column / label / min-max-external length etc for properties' data types and these changes will be reflected by OVS component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kanwalpreet...

I changed my field label and the length.Now the window size is reduced.

But I want set the window position to constant i.e at the center .The position of the window is changing on each action.Is there any way to do this .

When trying to assign points its throwing error.

Regards

Akshaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

User has no control on OVS window

or may b u can try dis

Create a new window for this purpose. Its position can be controlled.

IWDWindowInfo windowInfo = (IWDWindowInfo) wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows("WND_PopupWindow");

IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createWindow(windowInfo, true);

window.setWindowPosition(WDWindowPos.Centre);

Message was edited by:

Kanwalpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is there any alternate solution?

Regards

Akshaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I create a new window how do I implement the OVS functionality.

Is it that I need to create a new window and create custom functionalities that OVS does.

Regards

Akshaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya thats rite, yry creatin a new window that implements OVS custom functionalities...js give it a try

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try to implement it ...

But one more doubt .

I want the same button on the input field.When I press F4 or that help button I should not get the OVS window.How do I block it and open created window ?

Thanks

Akshaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

on action of that button open that window with ovs functionalities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanwalpreet ,

I have a problem ,

I want the inputfield to look like search field,with F4 icon next to it .How can I get it.

I have added these lines in init() method of view.

IWDAttributeInfo[] ovsStartUpAttributes =

{ wdContext.nodeUser_Input_Node().getNodeInfo().getAttribute("BP")};

IWDOVSContextNotificationListener listener =

wdThis.wdGetBPNumberOVSCustController().getListener();

WDValueServices.addOVSExtension("BP Selection",

// not used yet by the current OVS Service

ovsStartUpAttributes,

// fields bound to startup attributes will be ovs-enabled

wdThis.wdGetBPNumberOVSCustController().getInputNode(),

wdThis.wdGetBPNumberOVSCustController().getOutputNode(),

listener);

If I comment these lines I am not getting F4 Icon attached to the input field.Is there any way that I can do it.

Thanks

Akshaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the OVS input help has been entered for a context attribute, it is automatically available for each input field that is bound to this context attribute. At runtime, the OVS component is then automatically instantiated whenever a user presses the F4 button for a selected input field or clicks the input help icon to the right of the input field in question

To bind an OVS value help to a context attribute, perform the following steps:

1. First, enter a component use for the OVS component in your application component.

2. You then need to store this use on the tab page Properties in the relevant view.

3. In the properties table of each single context attribute of the view, you now have the option of selecting Object Value Selector in the row Input Help Mode. In a new row in the property table, you need to enter the component use intended for the input help.

You can make these settings when creating the attribute.

4. For your application component view, an event handler has to be created for the OVS event of the OVS component used. The system supports you here by automatically generating a source text template when the handler method is assigned to the OVS event.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshaya bhat

u try this method for reduce the length of search fields,in wdDoModifyview( ),

wdThis.wdGetcustomController().wdGetContext().nodeInputQuery().getNodeInfo().getAttribute("from").getModifiableSimpleType().setLength(2);

Regards,

vino