Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Change Pointers in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I m working on MDM5.5 sp05.

My standard material scenario is working fine.

Now i want to send MATMAS from R3 when any change(create,change) happens for material...............for this i m using <b>change pointer</b> concept....... this is sending MATMAS........but only with changed segments(Not whole IDoc).

I have converted this IDoc to XML file using XI (one to one mapping).

Now my problem is, i m not able to import this XML file thr Import manager.........map is giving error......... as XSD is for whole IDoc & my XML file is with only some segments.

How can i handle this in MDM????

Coz every time i create or change material in R3, my IDoc will contain different segments.......... and i cant create that much MAPs in Import Manager.

Is there any other solution???

Thanks,

Mahehswari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks........ so i need to so some coding.

Is it possible for MDM to update only changed field for a perticular record.......... or we need to import whole IDoc again???

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Adding to Michals´solution ,another suggestion is to make sure that in the port settings in the console, the xml schema is maintained- Ithink this is a mandatory requirement in SP5 ,but please check if it maintained i nyour setup. This way all matmas segments will be taken care off while importing and you just need to ensure that the segaments are mapped in IM and your import map is updated.

Another solution for the issue of being able to generate the material changes and transfer it to MDM, without coding, is to create a delta variant in the transaction mdm_clnt_extr, schedule a job that runs according to your requirement which calls this variant. this will ensure that all changes to the materials are transferred as Idocs to the port.

Regards,

Anita

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can create a simple table - with material number only

there is an exit when you save a material in MM02

and from this exit you could populate this table

then create a report that will check this table

and execute BD10 with material numbers from this table..

this way they should go as a whole matmas - not just delta

this should be just a few lines of code but

maybe this is what you need

Regards,

michal