Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalization Tutorial enumeration translation problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I hope you can help me with a little but annoying problem:

I've done the Internationalization Tutorial. For all of you who remember it: therein one must define an enumeration of cars and places. Within the S2X Editor I edited the *.xlf files for the simple data types and replaced the texts with some real german car types.

But, when i run the app, the enumeration in the drop down boxes is not shown in german, but still in the english words as proposed in the tutorial. But all other words around, just like the caption und the labels are translated to german.

How to solve it with the enumeration?

Thank you for your advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now as you have the properties file use the s2x editor i.e the editor for the .xlf which you'll find in the <com.sap.app.wd.languages > now you can create your own .xlf file and please rename file <old name>_<language key>.xlf .

for example language key for german is de.Now you can open it in the s2X editor.

Under the header tab select the language for which you have specified the key.

Now in the Resource text tab go and translate the resource text to the specified language.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mhhh, yes, that's what I've done, as propsed in the tutorial. It works with all other fields, but only the enumerations keep in their original language.