Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing problem in script

p244500
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai all

I create the script (its not smart forms) its normal script program. When I run the program print dialog box appear and I can select the printer. We have several laser printers (ex: LEXMARK E330, HP LaserJet 1300.. ect ). When I select the LEXMARK E330 printer my script display correctly.. but if I select the HP LaserJet 1300 printer my script layout page setting change . I mean my value display move to here and ther. If anybody know the resents plz tel me.

regard

nawa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't trust the output using your local printer.. always good to go through the printers that is defined in SAP as they are the one that will be used for printing the final output...

For more info, GOTO SPAD where all printers will be defined.

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

USe SPAD--->Output Devices----->Double click on the printer under consideration. Here please note down the device type attached to this printer. All print attributes are decided by the device type.Hence if device type for two printers is different the 'View' / 'Print' characteristics for them could be different. For each printer SAP gives the device types which should be used. Hence while testing always ensure that model of the printer used for testing is same as that of production.

I hope this helps,

Regards

Raju Chitale

Former Member
0 Kudos

nawanandana

Try using cm/mm when describing your window positions

dont use LN

Its possible that different printers interpret them differently

Also ask BASIS to check that the SAP printer drivers have been set accordingly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For every printer, it will have their own settings, you can check the Settigns in SPAD transaction code, printer will print accordign to their settigns, so check out the Printer settings in SPAD

Regards

Sudheer