Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Project deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i´m new to web dynpro development.

I tried this weblog "your first web dynpro application"

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/49f2ea90-0201-0010-ce8e-de18b94a...

Where i have to deploy the project archive ?

The Developer Studio is located on my local system(pc) but i think this file has to deployed in the Netweaver System ?

Thanks,

Gordon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Your application will be deployed on your WAS.

In your NWDS

Goto Window>Preferences>SAP J2EE Engine

1. If you have WAS intalled on your local machine then select SAP J2EE engine is installed on local host and browse and select the Instance name.

2. If WAS is installed remotely on other machine specify the name of your server and the message port number and apply the changes.

Now when you will deploy the application, it will ask for sdm password, provide your sdm password and your application will be deployed on your J2EE server.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murtuza,

thx for your response.

Is it possible to deploy the archive on our SAP XI 3.0 SP20 WAS6.4 ?

Gordon

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess No.

Both are different type of servers.

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

I am not sure about it. I tried pointing an XI server in NWDS and it shows me the server instance and when I try to deploy my application it asks me for sdm password (not having unfortunately). So, I am not sure about this but I think it will allow you to deploy through sdm.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

maybe we talk at cross purposes.

Our SAP XI 3.0 is located on our WAS 6.40 System or Our BW 7.0 has it´s own one.

Is it possible to use this WAS to deploy the archive ? Or do i have to get a single WAS for webdynpro only ?

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Better get a seperate for your use because I am not sure about the other options as I have never used. But seems that you can deploy there too. You can give a try by deploying your application on XI WAS.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murtuza.

I´ll give it a try!

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Gordon,

You will need web application server to delploy your webdynpro stuff.

If you have one in your landscape (network) then you will have to specify it in you NWDS IDE.

Ashu