cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Process Control Implementation timeline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

How long is the implementation of GRC Process Control?

and

When will the new version of GRC Process Control will be released for commercial package?

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

0 Kudos

Hi Wanna,

I know you have posted this a long time ago. Now PC 2.5 is available. We have published a implementation approach and experience documentation. Please see the following link to access the documentation.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70700aa5-3d98-2b10-cd91-e6ad8709...

There are more information concerning process control on the BPX page. See the following link:

[original link is broken]

Best Regards,

Jennifer Cha

Process Controls - Americas/APJ

Regional Implementation Group

SAP Governance, Risk and Compliance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for sharing with us. This is a highly informative posting which contains details that many of us would not be aware of.

<a href="http://www.bookmycourse.co.uk/courses/citb_smsts_site_management_safety_training_scheme_347/">site management training uk</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is currently no external facing materials, user guides and alike available for Process Controls 2.5 as the product has not yet entered Ramp Up. When it does enter Ramp Up then material will be made availble to the participants of Ramp Up Training.

Please contact me directly if you need any further information. My email should be linked to my name.

regards

SImon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Simon

Thanks for all the information that you have given me.

Reques your support and help in the same way for further queries also.

I have gone through the configuration and user guides for Process control version 2.0 but however there seem to be quite a lot of differneces between the existing version and the upcoming version 2.5.

could you please let us know if there are any documents that i can get of the virsa's process control (Confident compliance control).

Could you also please let us know what could be the future of GRC process control and what sort of clients can use this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can not answer ref other Pharma clients.

The Roadmap can be obtained from your SAP Account Manager or GRC Sales Exec.

The consultant requirements are just my thoughts on the background that a consultant should have based on knowing the product and the requirements of a PC project. There are no OFFICIAL requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon Cathy,

It was cool reading the differences between 2.0 and 2.5 of process control for GRC.

Could you assist me with information on SAP website how to get PDF files that explains the process. I need it for one of my research here in school where we currently run on R/3.

Keep in mind that the my Big Prof might call me up for a demo of this process control. I will appreciate your input and hope to learn something new after the project

I can be reached at owotu1ao@cmich.edu

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have also read in the presentation by Mr Karan that Cephalon is the only pharmaceutical company which has successfully implemented the version 2.0 of the GRC process control suite.

Is it true? or are there further more companies hwich have implemented process control version 2.0.

Where can i get implementation , configuration and user guides for process control ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon for your reply.

what i would also like to know is where i can find the roadmap for Process control 2.5 september 07 as you were mentioning?

I am a chartered accountant ( a professional course for accountancy in india) and have experience in SOX. So is that a requisite qualification for handling process controls application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The installation part ie: Java/NW can be finished in under 2 weeks depending upon how new/clean the box is you are installing upon and your change control procedures.

The implementation project can take days/weeks/years depending upon

1. The scope of the project ie: departments, divisions, companies involved

2. the number of controls involved

3. the number of business processes involved

4. internal vs external consulting team avilability

New version 2.5 will be moving into Ramp Up soon, I suggest you contact your sales rep who will be able to advise on availability dates

Regards

Simon

Message was edited by:

Simon Carty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

We have heard that Process control 2.0 is going to be replaced by version 2.5.Is it true?

Could you tell us how much time would it take for implementation of process control for medium sized enterprise?

What could be the major differences between the two versions?

Could you also let us know what are the prerequisite qualifications needed for becoming process control consultant and what is the future of GRC process controls?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have heard that Process control 2.0 is going to be replaced by version 2.5.Is it true? Correct

Could you tell us how much time would it take for implementation of process control for medium sized enterprise? There is no easy answer, please see my previous response.

What could be the major differences between the two versions? The following is from the SAP Roadmap September 2007

Feature Highlights

Transportable configuration and master data

Time-dependent objects and related historical reporting

Full suite of compliance-based reporting (35 standard reports with configurable and filterable columns)

Configurable role/task security concept so users can change delivered roles

Ability to add custom fields to screens and reports

Referenced controls and shared services

Link to SAP Audit Information System (AIS) and transaction codes

User delegation and replacement

Workflow administration tools

Data analysis and cleansing tools for the consultant or power user

Batched email notifications

Additional levels in some hierarchies: process, entity-level controls

Aggregation of significant deficiencies

Platform Highlights

Object-level security

Time-dependence

New administration tools

Object-level security

Reassessment and retesting

Control copy

Query builder enhancements

Remediation case enhancements

Audit trails

Document library and links

Reporting enhancements

Sign-off enhancements

Upload enhancement/download feature

Workflow/scheduler enhancements

Survey enhancements

UI improvements

Cross-enterprise for SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft and JDE systems provided by Greenlight

Integration with SAP GRC Composite Applications by SAP and Cisco+

Could you also let us know what are the prerequisite qualifications needed for becoming process control consultant and what is the future of GRC process controls? I would suggest that you have expereince of designing business processes as part of a process re-engineering project and probably either some form of experience or training in accountancy/auditing.