cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the output type in scripts?

what is the purpose of output type in script?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Output type - this is application ,which is attached to transaction,when you create document ,automatically layout will trigger

Let me say one example :

We have Purchase order ,we create purchase order ,order goes to the vendor.

Creation of purchase order at ME21N Transaction,now vendor will receive the order in the form of layout( Layout will go by usingE-Mail,Fax and so on ).

Output type is attaching to purchase order,output contains layout name(Script name(SE71) and Print program.

Look AT NACE Transactio->select EF Application->click on output type->select NEU Output type ->click on processing routines.

here you can see the purchase order print program and layout.

if you want to see the output in purchase order

just goto ME22N( My assumption is you have purchase order) click on messages.

now enter output type = NEU

Medium = Print output

Partner = VN

Partner number = vendor number(See in purchase order)

language = En

Now click on Further data ->select send immediately->back

click on communication method - >Local destination (LP01 or LOCl) back -.save it

now click on print preview -> you will able to see the output

Reward points if useful

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

output types are used to attach your print program and layout to your standard transactions.

Ex: Goto Transaction NACE --> Select Application V1(Sales) --> Click on Output Types --> Select the output type as BA00 (as generally BA00 is the output type associated with Sales Order ) --> Double click on the Processing Routines folder on the left and it will display the Form name and the corresponding driver programs name.(rough example)

Regards,

Sairam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Spoorthi,

Output Type Specifies the kind of output to be produced.

Use

The output type is predefined for your area of the R/3 System. If alternative choices are possible, you can list them by pressing F4.

Examples

The output type can specify, for example, a printed form that you need for internal use or a form that you want to send to a customer or vendor (for example, an order confirmation). The output type can also be an internal electronic mail message that you want to send to staff in another department

NACE is a transaction code to track the printprogram and form through the output type.

i think it will useful for u.

reward points if useful.

Thanks,

Usha