Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple logons - functionality not in standard parameters

rob_davis
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We recently had a problem on our ERP 2004 system when a user attempted a multiple login. When presented with the standard warning screen he terminated his existing session and continued with the logon. Unfortunately, the terminated session was running a process that resulted in hundreds of stuck lock entries (in SM12).

I am aware of the parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login but all this does is remove the option to continue with a multiple logon without cancelling existing sessions. What I would like to do is only present the user with one option - Terminate this Logon.

There does not seem to be a SAP parameter to achieve this. Does anyone know of another way?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Rob Davis.

Basis Administrator

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

if i understand correctly then you want to achieve a scenario wherein the pop up that comes up when a user is trying to do multiple logons should only present the radiobutton Terminate this Logon. Well there is no paramter for this. All you can do is change code which is not advisable really. Even if there was a parameter that too would have been checked by the code only.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rob_davis
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies so far. You have confirmed what I already thought. Basically there is no standard way of restricting the 'multiple logon' warning screen to "Terminate this Logon" only.

I certainly don't want to start modifyting SAP standard code so I'll have to rely on 'user education' instead.

Thanks once again.

Rob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

The profile parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login is restriced in

in its effect by the profile parameter login/multi_login_users

In spite of the lock on multiple logons, the users listed are allowed

to log on multiple times.

So pls check parameter login/multi_login_users.

Regards

Umesh