cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webdypro application structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody explain me structur eof an webdypro project.As in books there shud be one interface controller, one component controller and can have custom controller. but in webdynpro project i am having two options for interface controller one is inside the component and other is outside the component just as at same level of models and application. so what is difference among these two.and secondly can any body explain use of used components and used models

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

If we talk abt used components and used models.

U can use any component in ur component ,if that component is having any public part.suppose i have 2 components A & B .I want some functionality from A in B ,then i will use A as used component in A.

Same thing for models also,if u want to use any model in ur component,u have to use it as used model

regards

Sumit

Message was edited by: Stefanie Bacher

Stefanie Bacher

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI reena

See, a WD project can have more than one Component but an Application should contain one component.

These interface controllers are used in Communicating with other conmponents/applciations in our WD project.

Particluarly , interface controller that is inside Component serves this purpose.

The outside one is Just a Public component Interface not a controller..

Regards

LakshmiNarayanaChowdary.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The only parts of a Web Dynpro Component that are visible to the outside world, are the interface controller and the interface view(s).

-- All Web Dynpro components have an Interface Controller.

-- There is a one to one relationship between a Window and an Interface View.

-- If the component has no views, then it will have no Windows, which in turn, means that it will not implement an interface view. Such components have no visual interface and are known as “faceless”components.

--Within a Web Dynpro component, all controllers are independent programs; however, they all play a cooperative role. No controller can function in isolation from its parent component.

-- Notice that Web Dynpro Models stand outside the Component. Models are reusable across multiple components.

--A Web Dynpro Component can declare the use of another Web Dynpro Component. A specific component usage is then created and the parent component accesses the functionality of the child component via its component interface controller.

<b>Custom Controllers</b>

Custom controllers are the active parts of a Web Dynpro component that do not need any direct interaction with the user. Such controllers therefore have no visual interface.When a Web Dynpro component is created, a special custom controller is created called the Component Controller. It is this controller that drives the functionality of the entire component.All custom controllers are instantiated as singletons with respect to their parent component.Custom controllers are instantiated automatically by the Web Dynpro Framework and the instantiation

order is undefined! Therefore, the coding in a custom controller should make no assumptions about the existence of any other custom controller.

Regards

Chaitanya.A