Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in XI implementation

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I am starting a scenario in which AS-IS is, there is a R/3 system on which pay roll system is implemented.In R/3 there are many reports execute in timely manner and create a flat file and sent it to a another R/3 system. These reports are outbound process which flows into another R/3 system on daily basis.

Now in TO-BE we have to involve XI in between these two systems. Then what will be possible solutions for this implementation apart from writing new RFC. Because they dont want to do anything in R/3 and which solution will be the best in this case

Or without writing RFC we cant do this?

Its urgent.

Plzz repond with your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sami

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

The best solution would be to do a RFC - XI -RFC scenario.

As a integration consultant /developer you should suggest them the best way even if that involves changes to the way the interface is implemented at present.

Try to suggest them the benefits they will get after changing the interface. Since the logic is already written inside RFC to create a text file it wont take much time to do the changes.

If you decide to create a file using RFC and then using XI file adapter read the file and finally transfer the file to another RFC system. In this case the number of places where failure can happen increases. So this isnt the best solution for the long term.

Regards,

Sumit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sami,

You should definetly go for PROXY. why i am telling you.

Before WAS 6.2 (i.e. WAS<6.2), RFC or IDOC were used to communicate with other SAP systems.But from WAS>=6.2 generally proxies are used to communicate.

There are many advantages of proxy over RFC and IDOC.

XI 3.0 provides a variety of ways to access data from different sources. There are adapters to connect files,

databases, messaging systems, Web Services. With R/3 systems (3.1h and higher), IDoc and RFC can be

used.

The standard communication channel for SAP systems is the ABAP Proxy which is available for Web AS

6.20 and higher.

- 2 -

The Proxy communication supports the full Quality of Service (“Exactly Once In Order”) between XI and

• The RFC-Adapter does not support “In Order” but only “Exactly Once” (so-called tRFC)

• The SOAP-Adapter supports “In Order”, i.e. the order of the messages of the sender is kept during the processing.

Hence, SAP recommends to use the ABAP Proxy communication.

u can see the links below...

File to ABAP Proxy

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy

ABAP Proxy to file

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Regards

biplab

<i>****Reward points if it helps you!!</i>

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Das

Thanks for ur reponse

But our WAS is less than 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sami,

Then u can't use proxy.

RFC and IDOC is the only solution..............

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please clarify why you need to use XI in this scenario ?

Is it already in the landscape ? Is mapping required etc ?

If so, you can use RFC - XI - RFC to deliver the file to the second R/3 system.

BTW There is no volume charge for SAP-SAP communication using XI so this makes using XI more attractive.

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go for file -XI- Proxy- XI- Proxy to Proxy scenario.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is

You can go for file -XI- Proxy

or Proxy -XI- Proxy scenario.

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kumar

thanks for your response.