cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I posted a message last week, asking why there were old messages still visible in XI Monitoring ie transaction SXMB_MONI, despite the fact that the system had reportedly performed a successful archive. Having read the messages that were archived, it appears that the system only archives recent messages; in other words, messages from years 2005 - 2006 are still visible in SXMB_MONI.

I've amongst other thiings looked at table SXMSPMAST, and there were messages with a DEL status. I have however, managed to change the status to ARCH following instructions from note 789352 so that the archive job can pick them up, but it hasn't achieved my goal.

So basically, the problem is this: the archive job archives only recent messages and ignores old messages. Has anyone encountered this problem, and how exactly did you resolve it - if you did?

Thanks,

R.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds like you have scheduled your delete procedure job but not your archiving job.

Remember in standard archiving there are two steps to set up - archive & delete.

Please check in SXMB_ADM.

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

The Archive Jobs have definitely been Scheduled in SXMB_ADM - remember that the delete jobs have the option to run or start automatically after the Archive jobs have completed, and this is how I have customised archiving for this system.

So I suspect it's something else. Besides, like I said earlier, it has archived some messages but only recent messages, whereas I need it to also archive older messages.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer to this link...I am not sure how far this will help you...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8d/3e4ea8462a11d189000000e8323d3a/frameset.htm

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You are right...the link is not very helpful, as it is more of an introduction to Customizing and doesn't offer any specific information relating to my question.

Thanks anyway.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What retention period do you have set up ?

Also, are the messages that are still lying around after archiving completed successfully ?

I will check my configuration tomorrow as I do not have access to the system right now.

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

The Retention Period is as follows:

Asynchronous -

XML Messages Without Errors Awaiting Deletion = 1 days

XML Messages Without Errors Awaiting Archiving = 1 days

Synchronous -

XML Messages With Errors Awaiting Deletion = 1 days

XML Messages Without Errors Awaiting Deletion = 0 days

History Entries for Deleted XML Messages = 7 days

To answer your second question, the messages still 'lying around' have not been archived; these are the older messages I referred to earlier when I said that only recent messages have been archived, but older messages haven't.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created a archive job . Job was called successful but no xml message was archived. What could be the reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It may be that there aren't any messages available for archiving. Run transaction SE38, execute report RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS, select 'Check All Messages' radio button, and then click on the execute button.

Once the report has run, look at the '<b>Message and adapter status is considered in the following</b>' section; the <b>-Messages to be flagged for archiving:</b> XXX (XXX = <any_number>) should tell you if there are any messages available for archiving.

If it is '0' then you do not have any messages available for archiving, in which case you can either run Report RSXMB_SHOW_STATUS, which displays Message and Adapter status along with the number of messages in each status.

You can view table 'SXMSMSTAT' for the meaning of the Messages and Adapter statuses. You can also view table SXMSPMAST which contains all the XML messages along with their statuses.

The main thing is that the MSGSTATE, ADAPT_STAT, ITFACTION, & REORG values for each XML messages in table SXMSPMAST, has to be the right, else the messages will not be available for archiving.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Reuben.