cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkin Other user activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to for a user to checkin other users activity?

Thanks,

Akshatha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need XDeveloper <u>OR</u> Administrator role to do that.

Ashu

Message was edited by:

Ashutosh Moharir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

How does it work? If the user has checked out a file and made some changes in it,

when I checkin the activity how does the DTR know about the local changes done in that open activity?

As far as I have read, if we have the XDeveloper permission then we can checkin using the DTR command line tool. But I do not understand how it works.

Akshatha

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/46/865c4163237d47e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">this</a> link

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So here again you need the help of the owner.

QMs cannot independently checkin the developers code.

I wanted to know how it will useful in a scenario where in

" a developer developes some code and leaves the org without checking in the code" and the QMs do not want to lose the development ;-(

Akshatha

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Akshata,

Peculiar scenario isnt it?

"a developer developes some code and leaves the org without checking in the code and the QMs do not want to lose the development"

There could be workarounds for this situation. The best I can think of is to login as Admin and change that users password to retrieve his/her development.

But as far as the DTR is concerned, the following rule applies.

The developer (owner) logs on.

This is important because the mount points are user-specific.

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it sounds peculiar, but it happened long back. Today when I came across this link I thought it was possible.

We already tried out the ways you have suggested but it was difficult for us to find the PC of the developer.

However, I still do not understand the significance of this feature..... If the user has to take the help of the owner what is the use of this optinon? It is a longer way of checking in the activity.....the owner himself can checkin instead.

Akshatha

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as my understanding is, this facility is used when users do not have permission to checkin activities. Read following...

In certain development phases, quality managers need control over the check-in operations into a particular DTR workspace. This is achieved by removing the checkin privileges of the developers so that they can no longer perform check-ins. To the quality manager, a special privilege for checking in the activities of the developers is granted.

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

Just one more question,

Even in this case the DTR command line tool has to be run on the owner's PC right?

If not how will the DTR know about the local changes? (although the tool is run on QM's PC and with the owner logon)

It's confusing again ;-(

Akshatha

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was also strugelling at the same question and I found <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/371ad7e4-0601-0010-1db0-bfbb584f3acf">this</a> pdf.

Not sure that answers your question.

I am still exploring

Ashu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Best regards,

Akshatha

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Akshata,

Because of your question I got opportunity to learn it.

Keep it up.

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still confused about it.

Akshatha

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right,

this tool works on users local workspace where the changes are done.

The only advantage of this tool is that, the user can create activity but cannot checkin it.

It needs QM's intervension to checkin the activity. This is just to ensure that the user does not create unnecessary activity or check any unnecessary changes.

Ashu