cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: Status Authorization Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined a few user status without status number in the status profile. I have also defined authorization keys for each of these statuses. These authorization keys are assigned in auth. object B_USERSTAT to the users who have to set that particular user status. The user statuses are set by the actions defined in the action profile.

The problem is that "when a user without authorization to set a user status tries to execute the action (which sets that user status) the system throws the error but also activates(ticks) the user status". Despite of the error message the status is activated. I want that the user status should not be activated (ticked) if the user doesnt have the required authorization.

Please tell how can i achieve this. KindlyHelp!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Kriti,

I would like to know which transaction type you are using ??

let me know if this is classified as change transaction ??

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I have configured a Z-transaction ZDMI copied from the standard normal correction SDMI. I have copied the standard status profile SDMIHEAD to ZDMIHEAD and added a new status without status number. I have also copied the action profile SDMI_actions to ZDMI_actions and have added a new action which sets the new status defined in the status profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kriti,

First of all Why didnt you assign any status nos to your newly created status:

First try giving status nos.

Anyways, now go to database table (in se11) tj30t.

Click on contents and enter the Status profile, now you wil get all the status values here.

Find whether your newly created status is present there or not.

If its present what is its ESTAT ?? It should be like E00*..

Once your done, go to crmc_action_def.

Navigate to you actions profile and newly created action( which would set the new status).

Click on processing types, now there you must use method "HF_SET_STATUS".

Also on processing parameters, click on " DISPLAY definations".

There you shuld have entry like "USER_STATUS" with value 'E00*" ( your newly created status value.

refer to standard action prof and replicate that if necessary.

Reward for usefulll answer.

Revert for any clarifications.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

1. I didnt assign status numbers because i require a few statuses which should be active at the same time. This is not possible if i create status with status number.

2. I checked in the table tj30t ESTAT values exist for the user statuses i have defined.

3. i have defined the actions in the action profile. Method used: HF_SET_STATUS, Container element USER_STATUS and initial value: user status to be set.

I have already done all the settings you asked me to check. Don't know why the system is not able to control the setting of status by the user not having authorization to set it.

Can we control the display of the actions in the actions worklist based on the user??

Regards,

Kriti Bhalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kriti,

i dont think we control the display of the actions in the actions worklist based on the user??

But try this.

Go to the condition editor, while configuring conditions if you get the option of acquring current user , only then its possible, i cant try this bcoz i dont have access to the system..

Now back to your actual query !!

Did you indentify this new transaction as change transaction..

How to do this ??

Answer:

SPRO-> SAP solution manger-> Scenario specific settings->CHARM-> Extended config-> Assign implementation to change transaction.

Here you wil find an entry for SDMI transaction type.

Please maintain a similar entry for your newly created transaction type.

Assign the same implementation class as that off SDMI.

This should help i hope..

And please reward for usefull post.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I have already made the entry 'Assign implementation to change transaction' copied from the standard SDMI transaction. This was done as part of the initial settings.

Regarding conditions, i wasnt able to find any option to specify current user. Is there any document available which specifies how to use different options of 'define condition' especially the functional methods, object types etc.

Regards,

Kriti Bhalla