cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use different language in smartforms than the login language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can I translate the hard code text of the text elements when the smartform language is not a log-in language.

Richard Middelburg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the login language always the language on the output or can I also be the communication language in the customer master data.

Richard

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Login language will not be the language on the output, for example let us take the check printing program into consideration, inside the variant of cheque print program we will maintain which language should take the control i.e customer language or Login language.

Regards,

SaiRam

messier31
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default it is the login language... but say in case you want to get in customer language.. u can do following.

just exactly before the smartform function module is called write following line..

SET LANGUAGE lang.

where langu is customer's communication language.

In such case.. even i fyou log in english and customer language is german.. you will see smartform in german.

hope this helps you..

Enjoy SAP.

Pankaj Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you set Language to a language which in not a log-in language will it still create a output.

Richard

messier31
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You can do following for such scenario.

1. Maintain text symbols for all hard coded text that you you want to use in you smartform. These text symbol should be maintained in the print program i.e the program from where you are calling smartform.

2. In SE63 maintain translation for these text-symbols.

3. In smartform make use of this text symbols in text element node instead of hard coding the text.

thats it .. its done.. when text wuill be displayed in your smartform in the language you login given that you have maintain translation for it in SE63.

Hope this helps you.

Enjoy SAP.

Pankaj Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is:

My customer has four login languages NL-DE-FR-EN in a non-uni code system. The have build a factory in Poland and the want to print smart forms in Polish. A upgrade to a uni code system is not possible because of the time frame. I'am looking for a solution to print these smart forms in a different language without using a extra temparary login language. Like IT instaed of PL. This works for sapscripts.

Richard

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess we can do it, check Tcode SE63 language transalation.

Regards,

Sairam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why is it not possible white smartforms and possible with sapscript. And it possible to print a different language than the login language when the corresponding language of a customer is not a login language.

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard, if you were using text symbols in the script. These text symbols were probably maintained for different translations and logon languages.

So when one logged on with that langauge the text symbols were automatically populated with that logon langauge value.

You say you have hard coded the text elements here.

The system will nit be able to do this then

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im afraid thts not possible richard.

if they are hard coded it will not change.