cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP development with JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing portal module using JDI scenario 2+.

The DC I am working on use IURLGeneratorService interface, and I want to make my DC dependent on SAP DC which define this interface. According SAP documentation this interface contained in: com.sap.netweaver.bc.rf.service.par or bc.rf.global.service.urlgenerator_api.jar however I can't find the DC wich contains this jars.

My question is how to define this dependency in this case?

Best Regards,

Victor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create an External Library DC and add the library contained the classes/interfaces you need to it:

- Create an External Library DC

- Create a public part for compilation

- Add the jar to the libraries folder (use the Navigation view if you don't see it)

- Add the jar to the public part for compilation

- Build the External Lib DC

- Add the External Lib DC as Used DC to your own DC

You should now be able to use the classes/interfaces to build your DC. If you are creating an Enterprise Portal DC, do not forget to define a PrivateSharingReference to this portalservice, otherwise it will not run, but return a ClassNotFoundException.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for reply.

The API I am talking about is a <b>core</b> portal service, so I think that there are DC from SAP which contains this jar. Otherwise I should create external library which contains the jar from SAP and should redo it eash new version of jar, transport it manually with my application, etc... If this is a case JDI (IMHO) is not so usefull in portal enviroment.

Can anyone clarify the issue?

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This jar is not part of a DC in the three base SC's. These only cover basic WebAS functionality, not Portal functionality since that is a different application, which is installed on top of the WebAS. If you want it as a DC from SAP, you should try to get hold of some portal SCA and import that into your track (don't forget to define a Usage Dependency for your own SC).

The jar is delivered with your NWDS installation, it's in C:\Program Files\SAP\JDT\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.km.rfwizard\lib. So, if you cannot get a portal SC, you can still go for the External Library DC solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I found another SC, named EP-PSERV. According the name portal services should be there. The problem is that I can only found the definition of this SC (in SLD), not the .sca archive to import it to my development system.

Any ideas?

P.S. I am trying hard not to make my own DC with the specified above jar. I am currenlty bulding development metodology and want to make things as stundrart as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think what you're trying to achieve is an excellent way of working.

I don't think the SCA can be found anywhere for download. See if you can contact SAP for that SCA. I personally don't understand why they do not provide them (yet) when a customer buys a certain application...

Answers (0)