Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD with Central Server and Developer Workplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Community,

• transfered my thread from Netweaver AS, General *****

I have the following scenario:

We have a central J2EE server with NWDI installed and configured.

Now we decided to install Developer Workplace for each Developer.

I did the installation and post-installation-SLD configuration.

What do I have to do to reach the following scenario:

Each developer is working on his own J2EE-Server, but is using the central SLD (Web AS ABAP Systems and Jco Destinations are configured where).

If it is not possible to use the central SLD, is it possible to synchronize the local SLD with the central SLD?

I read a lot about Bridges, Data Supplier Service and CIM Generation today, but could not find the answer to my question. Some step-by-step-description would help.

Otmar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure if this is contribution is still helpful.

This is what we are currently doing in our Landscape.

We have one central SLD which manages technical systems, software catalog and name reservation. On each Developer Workplace, we have configured a CIM Client for this SLD (user SLDDSUSER).

By this, all Developer Workplaces read the necessary landscape information and we do not need to import/export anything.

If you do not want to see each Developer Workplace Server in the Technical Systems, ensure, that ONLY the CIM client is configured.

The only questionnable effect we encountered is when we recently started with virtualized Developer Workplaces (one VMWare Image rolled out to each developer), because the hostname of each Developer Workplace now is identical and the SLD manages the Web Dynpro JCo Destinations by the hostname of the server, who has created it. Therefore, all Developer Workplaces either use the same Web Dynpro JCo Destination or start overwriting each other.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

I'm just evaluating the import. It takes quite some time for a minimal SLD configuration. It also would mean, I have to export/import everytime I change my Central SLD.

Another question: When installing the Developer Workplace I got asked about SLD. I checked "Register in existing SLD". After that I did Post-Installation-Guide for SLD. Was that perhaps a mistake? Did I configure a local SLD through the post-installation-steps? Would I not face any of my questions, if I would have skipped the post-installation-steps for SLD configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The simplest solution will be to export the system landscape from the central SLD and import the same in developer workplace.

Thanks and Regards,

Prasanna Krishnamurthy