cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Re-using" functioncalls with SAPNWRFC for Perl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've written a little function module that reads some pay-results from SAP. While iterating through a bunch of personnel-numbers, most of the import-parameters, e.g. date-from, date-to etc, remain the same (obviously not the personnel-number). What changes, is a table of wagetypes, that is passed to SAPNWRFC. So my questions is, do I have create a new function call every time then contents of the wagetype-table changes (and therefor fill the "static" import-parameters again) or is there a way to initialize/clear the table so that I can re-use the functioncall-handle created with the "create_function_call"-method?

cheers Axel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You obtain a function descriptor using function_lookup(), and then create a container for each instance of an RFC call using create_function_call() (the container is generated from the cached function descriptor above). This is completely inline with how the NW SAP RFC library (supplied by SAP) functions. The container conveys your input parameters to the partner system, and the returned results, so it should only have the life time of a round trip. It should be easy enough to create a wrapper to deal with your application specific requirement to encapsulate the necessary behaviour.

Cheers.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for the clarification.

Cheers

Axel