cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java GUI and connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If this is not the right forum, pleas appoint me to the correct location.

I have installed the latest Java GUI. I think that everything went OK. But I am not able to connect to any system. I don't have a configuration file from administrators so I tried to enter the connection string on the Expert settings tab.

conn=/H/out-server-ip-address/S/ports-number

When pressing the connect button a process bar appears and disappears again after a few seconds. Nothing is written to the trace.

How can I import items from SAP GUI logon to Java GUI logon dialog? Or have I missed anything important?

Thanks for help,

Heiko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check

Eddy

-

PS. Reward useful answers and earn points yourself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I have read the help. But as I have no support from administrators (concerning config files) I need to define connection information manually in "expert" mode. At least I think this is my only option.

As for SAP GUI there are parameters like System ID and System name defined for each connection. Is Java GUI free of these settings?

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Heiko,

unfortunately there is no "import configuration from SAP GUI for Windows setup" (yet), but it might be worth to look into the files "sapmsg.ini", "saproute.ini" and "services" to find messageservers for your system, portnumbers they are listening to, routers etc.

For specifying a connection on the "Advanced" Tab without the help of a preset configuration file you have basically two options

<b>- using loadbalancing:</b>

conn=/M/msgserver.acme.com/S/3600/G/PUBLIC

Replace msgserver.acme.com, 3600, PUBLIC with

your message server name, port number of msg server (if it's not the default), and the logon group you should use.

<b>- direct connection:</b>

conn=/H/appserver.acme.com/S/3200

Replace appserver.acme.com and 3200 with

your name of the WebAS and port number. The portnumber for an SAP application server is by convention 3200 plus the two-digit SAP system number.

Note: Spaces between "conn", the equal sign and the rest will make it brake.

There are already many threads discussing SAP GUI for Java configuration which might be worth to look at. Some of the most useful ones are

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks.

Now I understood what the problem was. I used a different port. Not the WebAS port.

Thanks. In Windows environment it works. I'll try the same with linux.

Answers (0)